Windows 10: Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON mAY 20 HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL. ONLY PART VISIBLE ON SCREEN AND DOES NOT REACT AT ALL - hELP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnneStead, May 21, 2019.

1. AnneStead Win User

Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON mAY 20 HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL. ONLY PART VISIBLE ON SCREEN AND DOES NOT REACT AT ALL - hELP

:)

AnneStead, May 21, 2019
  2. Dilbert Win User

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, May 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  4. Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

1. Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Live Mail failure

2. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail sending/received failure: Hi,Unable to send or receive messages for the Express sagar account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'mail.express.com' Windows Live Mail Error...
  3. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail sending/received failure: Hi,Unable to send or receive messages for the Express sagar account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'mail.express.com' Windows Live Mail Error...
  4. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mail Windows 10 Live tile not updating.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Windows 10 Live tile not updating.: Hello, i want to ask tile live on mail app on windows 10 Ver 20H2 not updating . I already try to enable backgrounds app sync and others, on notification banner work very fine but on live tile it wont, i don't know what happen i think it cause i yesterday re-arange the tile...
  6. Live mail after the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail after the update: After the last update windows live mail stopped working, I applied the fix of adding the 3 dword entries to the registry, that took care of the problem of sending and receiving mail. However it did not fix the issue of my existing mail before the update, the contents of...
  7. Windows 10 update / windows live mail problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update / windows live mail problem: Can somebody please help? since my last update windows 10 i cannot view my emails correctly in windows live mail. It is coming uo with an error message regarding too low memory and disk space. ive tried clearing some space although i dont think this is the problem. im...
  8. Failure in downloading Windows Live Mail (16.4.3528.0331)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure in downloading Windows Live Mail (16.4.3528.0331): The download file is : 'wlsetup.exe' (windows Live Essentials 2012). I select the 'Mail' program and proceed. The file opens so far and then stops with a message: 'Couldn't install program. An unknown error occurred x800c0006' Any hints on why this occurred and how to get...
  9. Windows Live Mail failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail failure: My Windows Live Mail can send messages but not receive. I have an error code ID 0x800CCCoE and a socket error 10060. Can't find a fix for it that works. Also Can't access Webmail as it times out. Any suggestions please?...
  10. Windows Live Mail failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail failure: Since Late 20 May I am unable to use Windows Live Mail with Windows 10. Am completely at a loss asl to what I should do. Am NOT techninally minded and well into my eighties so H E L P. Only part screen available with little orionly fragmented print visible. Have been...