Windows 10: Windows Live Mail failure

Discus and support Windows Live Mail failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since Late 20 May I am unable to use Windows Live Mail with Windows 10. Am completely at a loss asl to what I should do. Am NOT techninally minded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnneStead, May 21, 2019.

1. AnneStead Win User

Windows Live Mail failure

Since Late 20 May I am unable to use Windows Live Mail with Windows 10. Am completely at a loss asl to what I should do. Am NOT techninally minded and well into my eighties so H E L P.

Only part screen available with little orionly fragmented print visible. Have been trying all day but to no avail - H E L P again! There was a Windows 10 update late on 20 May, perhaps that had something to do with it. Search engine seems ok

:)

AnneStead, May 21, 2019

2. Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938275

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, May 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 21, 2019
  4. Windows Live Mail failure

Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live Mail failure

1. Windows Live Mail failure - Similar Threads - Live Mail failure

2. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail sending/received failure: Hi,Unable to send or receive messages for the Express sagar account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'mail.express.com' Windows Live Mail Error...
  3. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail sending/received failure: Hi,Unable to send or receive messages for the Express sagar account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'mail.express.com' Windows Live Mail Error...
  4. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  6. Failure in downloading Windows Live Mail (16.4.3528.0331)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure in downloading Windows Live Mail (16.4.3528.0331): The download file is : 'wlsetup.exe' (windows Live Essentials 2012). I select the 'Mail' program and proceed. The file opens so far and then stops with a message: 'Couldn't install program. An unknown error occurred x800c0006' Any hints on why this occurred and how to get...
  7. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  8. Windows Live Mail failure

Windows Live Mail failure: My Windows Live Mail can send messages but not receive. I have an error code ID 0x800CCCoE and a socket error 10060. Can't find a fix for it that works. Also Can't access Webmail as it times out. Any suggestions please?...
  9. Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update: SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON mAY 20 HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL. ONLY PART VISIBLE ON SCREEN AND DOES NOT REACT AT ALL - hELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-failure-after-windows-10-update/1f7262f3-4434-477a-9146-fc7ffe1e3bbd
  10. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....