Windows 10: Windows Live Mail feature on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Live Mail feature on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using "Windows Live Mail" specifically for receipt of business emails on Windows 7 for years. This feature or product keeps my business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DenLen, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DenLen Win User

Windows Live Mail feature on Windows 10

I have been using "Windows Live Mail" specifically for receipt of business emails on Windows 7 for years. This feature or product keeps my business emails out of my personal Outlook mailbox. If I upgrade to Windows 10, will this feature or product be compatible and transferrable to Windows 10 version? I would be in big trouble if I lost existing mail folders etc and connectivity to external business mail server.

:)

DenLen, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows live mail in windows 10

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I recommend that you repair your Windows Live Mail. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel and when viewed by
      Category,
      go to Programs and click on
      Uninstall a program.

-or-

When viewed by Large or Small icons select and click on Programs and Features.
    • Please look for Windows Live Essentials.
    • Click Uninstall/Change in the menu bar above the program list.
    • Select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    After doing these steps, please reconfigure your email account in Windows Live Mail. Complete instructions will be found in the link below:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

Anannya Podder, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail feature on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Live Mail feature

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  4. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  5. Windows 10 live mail

Windows 10 live mail: Hi, I have lost all my sub folders on my windows live(running Windows 10 home). How do I retrieve these folders as I have very important documents saved on these folders....
  6. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  7. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  8. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  9. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....