Windows 10: Windows Live mail files lost when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premiu

Discus and support Windows Live mail files lost when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premiu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sadly, due to Microsoft having discontinuing support for Windows 7 on January 14th, 2020 I reluctantly upgraded to windows 10 via a new Dell Optiplex... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevenArnaudoff, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Windows Live mail files lost when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premiu

Sadly, due to Microsoft having discontinuing support for Windows 7 on January 14th, 2020 I reluctantly upgraded to windows 10 via a new Dell Optiplex 790 CPU with 256 GB SSD . . . . preloaded with Windows 10 . . . . I transferred my 512GB SSD from my old Windows 7 Lenovo computer and physically installed the SSD into the new CPU . . . so all files are 'there'. . . . On can now access the 'F' Drive on the Windows 10 Dell by searching for 'This PC' and selecting Desktop, then 'F' Drive . . . .

Now then, I can live with jumping back and forth between SSD hard drives, within the new Widows 10 CPU to find and access stored documents, files and etc. However, I have a problem with 'Windows Live Mail' files . . . >In Box, Sent, and Contacts ! . . . . I cannot access, find on transfer any of them . . . which, is a real problem ! . . . . Since NONE of these files, documents and etc. were deleted from the Windows 7 SSD, I believe that they still exist ? The question is Where ? I have spend the better part of the last 3 days searching for the Windows Live Mail files to no avail . . . I contacted Microsoft Customer Support and shared my screen with the Microsoft Support Rep . . . He spent over one hour and was stumped; finally, suggesting that I post this issue.

Microsoft Case No. 1493282397 on Jan. 23rd, 2020 3:00 - 4:00 PM

Any and all comments are most welcomed . . . .

Steven

:)

StevenArnaudoff, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Dilbert Win User

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows Live mail files lost when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premiu

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live mail files lost when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premiu

1. Windows Live mail files lost when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home premiu - Similar Threads - Live mail files

2. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home on my Dell Latitude 5400. Downloading from Microsoft's web page, I tried the free upgrade process to Windows 10. After many hours, this message appeared: System registry contains invalid file paths Drive letter assignments do not match across...
  6. Files locked when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files locked when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10: I had windows 7 system and I though it is time to go to windows 10, but now a lot of my files are locked with lock icon https://prnt.sc/rrd2xw and I can't open them. A lot of the files are not stored anywhere else just on my PC and if I try to open then it shows "You don't...
  7. lost contacts in Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost contacts in Windows live mail: Hi, I recently changed password for my Microsoft account because it asked me too. recently got 1909 Since then my live mail has asked me for a password which I cannot remember. I assume that is my Microsoft accouunt password. It has now lost my contacts. At the moment...
  8. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...
  9. Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10

Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10: As Live Mail Windows 7 and Mail Windows 10 are Microsoft products, How do I import my contacts from Live Mail in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10? If it is not possible why not - they are /Microsoft products?...
  10. Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10: I am running Windows Live Mail 2011 on my desktop computer. I have a new Windows 10 desktop computer. How do I move it to Windows 10? I use Time Warner POP email server. Thanks, cb 78922