Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Import Problem

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Import Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. If it has already been posted, then I apologize, but I could not find it. I've just... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by b1rd, Nov 25, 2015.

1. b1rd Win User

Windows Live Mail Import Problem

Hi and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. If it has already been posted, then I apologize, but I could not find it.

I've just upgraded to Win-10 from XP and I'm having an issue with Windows Live Mail 2012. Specifically, the contacts import feature.

I was using XP Home with Outlook Express as my email client. I did export both a .WAB (addressbook) file, as well as a .CSV file from my address book. However, I am not able to "import" it to the Windows Live Mail. At least I'm not able to get the contacts to show up in there.

The import option seems to go through the motions and appears to be working as it should, but when I hit the "To..." button to load a recipient's email address, there are no contacts displayed. It just says; "None of your contacts have an email address defined." I did google the problem, but I really did not find a solution.

The contacts seemed to load fine in the address book and I can see everybody's email addresses, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error.

I should note that when I imported the contacts, Windows Contacts noted that one of the email addresses was bad, which is an indication that it did import something. Also, I did try using both files, a couple different times and no change.

Windows Live Mail Import Problem [​IMG]

TIA

:)

2. Jan v D Win User

error "File MSVCP110.dll missing. Reinstall program...."

This solved my problem too! As well as the use of Windows Live Mail, a much better (user friendly, complete) mail program than Mail. Important 'side problem' of killing Windows Live Mail was that I missed my mail archive since the mail backup cannot be imported
    in Mail.

I also hope my F-secure problem is solved too.

Jan v D, Nov 25, 2015
  3. bubba070 Win User
    Is there a way tom import all my emails from Windows Live Mail to the Mail app?

* Original Title: Import Mail

Hello

I am currently using Windows Live Mail but would like to switch to Windows Mail on Windows 10. Is there a way tom import all my emails from Windows Live Mail to the Mail app?

Thanks

Kevin

bubba070, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Windows Live Mail Import Problem

1. Windows Live Mail Import Problem - Similar Threads - Live Mail Import

2. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  3. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  4. Live Mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail problem: I use Live Mail, the 2012 version, and this morning my Inbox was missing. I still have Quick Views, Outbox and Storage Folders, but no in box. I use Yahoo email through ATT and all of the folders are there when I log into my email with ATT. Last night when I shut the pc...
  5. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  6. windows live mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows live mail problem: windows live mail says "Message could not be displayed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-problem/764573b4-f3d3-449b-8b77-3d68302fb704
  7. Problem with Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows Live Mail.: I am using window 10 now. I know that Microsoft no longer supports windows live mail, but I have been using it for many years, and I have a lot of files and saved e-mails on it. For the past 3 or 4 weeks windows live mail has been having a lot of difficulty recognizing my...
  8. Windows live mail....problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail....problem: It used to work great, now since the anniversary update I get this [img] I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing helps. 62020
  9. Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail: I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do? 42619
  10. Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Import from Windows Live Mail?: I've seen this question asked several times, but no satisfactory answer. I refuse to believe that Microsoft would have omitted this basic function. How does one Import from Windows Live Mail into the Windows 10 Mail App? 24354