Windows 10: Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Discus and support Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It appears you are right, WLM doesn't seem to like email addresses with an "_" in them. I created an email address on my domain with an underscore in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Burgurne, May 12, 2015.

1. strollin Win User

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

It appears you are right, WLM doesn't seem to like email addresses with an "_" in them. I created an email address on my domain with an underscore in it and was not able to send any mail from WLM using that address. I could receive mail for that address fine, just couldn't send it.

This has nothing to do with Windows 10 though, I used Win 7 to test with. My guess is that it has something to do with SMTP.

strollin, Aug 3, 2015
  2. eddie Win User

I have used these e-mail addresses with win7,8 and 8.1 with no problem. It has only started in win 10. i have downloaded Mailbird to receive my e-mails and it is working fine with these addresses so will see if windows can solve the problem.

eddie, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Victek Win User
    Well, that's just weird *Smile There's a newsgroup called a.g.windowslivemail on the news.annexcafe.com server where I've gotten help in the past with Live Mail issues. I posted there about this problem and will let you know what, if anything, I learn.

Victek, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

I just updated to Windows 10 and all my accounts that are hotmail/outlook based won't send or receive emails. My gmail address works perfectly fine so I don't know what to do... The outlook addresses don't have any underscores, so I don't think that is the overall issue here :/

VictoriaK95, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Didi Win User
    I confirm there are problems with Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail (or Windows Essentials 2011/2012). After upgrading my Windows 7 with Windows Essentials 2011 to Windows 10, I tested the mail and the first problems that I encountered is that I can not delete old messages: when I delete the message it is put in the trashbin but also was kept in the inbox folder. When I tried to delete it again, I received an error. When deleting the message in the folder trasbin it could not delete it. All my messages are saved on an external disk. So, I started my windows 7 PC and connect the disk, start the mail and it said it was corrupt. I was able to correct this. Then I removed the Windows Essentials 2011 from the Windows 10 PC and installed the 2012 version. This time it went worse: after connecting my external disk with my mail database on it, started the mail, the first thing what happened is to correct the database, started Live Mail with empty database. All my messages were deleted and put in the Windows trashbin (seen on the desktop). Until now, I am not able to use my Windows Live Mail with Windows 10. I re-installed Windows 7 and everything is ok now. So, there is a problem in Windows 10 that corrupts the mail database !

6. Victek Win User
    Victek, Aug 5, 2015
  7. strollin Win User
    I have not had any issues running WLM 2012 on my Win 10 upgraded machine. I suspect the fact that you're putting your messages on the external drive is the difference.

I'm curious why you keep your messages on an external drive?

strollin, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Has anybody tried exporting the account settings from a working version of Windows live Mail ??

Would think an upgrade would carry over the settings, but maybe a wrong setting in the account setup

9. Gramps Win User
    I exported my account settings and e-mails prior to upgrading to 10 in case I needed to import them. However, I did not need them as Live Mail (2012) was working fine after the upgrade. Haven't experienced any problems using WLM in Win 10.

Gramps, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Didi Win User
    By doing so, I am able to receive my messages when I am not at home. I am using my laptop at work and a SSD disk for my messages. For reading my messages I do not have to go on the internet and use my webmail of my internet provider.

11. I've got the same issues with my outlook account. I looked up the properties of that account and get this little screen:

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? [​IMG]

As you can see there's not a lot I can enter. When I first opened it up, it said a lot of mumbo jumbo in the box of the server url, so I tried changing that but that didn't do anything. I'm at a loss here too, since windows 10 is so new there's nothing I can find about this.

Laura Hurt, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Kyhi Win User
  13. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Yeah, that was what was in that box when I opened it, that does not work either.

Laura Hurt, Aug 5, 2015
  14. Kyhi Win User
  15. Nothing changed in those settings. Checked them, they're still correct.

This is the full notification I am getting:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook () account.

Server Error: 3204
    Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003"

I looked up the error and they have a fix for windows 7 or 8 but not for windows 10.

Laura Hurt, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? - Similar Threads - Live Mail RTM

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  4. Windows 10 live mail

Windows 10 live mail: Hi, I have lost all my sub folders on my windows live(running Windows 10 home). How do I retrieve these folders as I have very important documents saved on these folders....
  5. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  6. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  7. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  8. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  9. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....
  10. Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service: [img] Ever since news broke of Windows 10 reaching the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) milestone of development, my inbox has been full of people claiming that I’m wrong about build 10240 (the build released to Insiders) being the official Windows 10 RTM. Build 10240 is the...