Windows 10: Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Discus and support Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings. I have been using Windows Live Mail since it came out as a replacement for Outlook Express. Now I'm told, that Windows Live Mail will not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Burgurne, May 12, 2015.

1. oskik Win User

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Hi,
    I've just installed W10 and WLM 2012 DOESN'T WORK.

oskik, Aug 5, 2015
  2. strollin Win User

So you download the messages when at home, then take the drive to work and read the messages while offline there? That's the way it was done 20 years ago when it was only possible to get your mail when connected to the company mail server. Now there are so many ways to access mail in real-time it hardly seems worthwhile to download it for offline reading. It's your decision, of course, but I believe that's what's causing you to have issues with WLM.

strollin, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Victek Win User
    Here's some info from someone who provides WLM support on news.annexcafe.com that may be helpful:

"When DeltaSync support ends (Outlook.com type accounts moved to the Office 365 backend server...only IMAP, POP3, and EAS will be supported)

- if using WLM the options will be IMAP and POP3
    - If using Outlook 2010 and 2013 the options will be EAS, IMAP, POP3
    - if using Outlook 2007 or earlier (same as WLM)
    - if using a 3rd party email client the options remain the same IMAP and POP3

For a current problem with that error...you might try the following in IE
    Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings,OK.
    and
    Advanced, Restore Advanced Settings, OK."

Note that outlook.com accounts currently using DeltaSync can be switched to IMAP now.
    IMAP settings:

imap-mail.outlook.com SSL 993
    smtp-mail.outlook.com TLS/SSL 587
    Check "authentication required"
    user name = full email address
    password = password *Smile

Victek, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

I've just downloaded the 'Windows Essentials' pack from Microsofts site and installed just 'Windows Live Mail 2012'. Seems to be working fine so far with Windows 10 Pro.

Big relief too. I am heavily reliant on that email client and the new Windows 10 mail app is a toy by comparison.

SammyTSquib, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Thank You

6. Gramps Win User
    I recently did a clean install of 10 and exported my WLM account info and all e-mails first. After installing WLM I imported the account info and e-mails. All worked fine.

Gramps, Aug 9, 2015
  7. GATEHILL Win User
    I recently downloaded WLM 2012 and had problems with my group addresses. After looking at various forums, it was apparent that I was not alone! The advice was to revert to WLM 2011 which I did and all was well.

I now read above that WLM will not work in W10 but WLM 2012 will be OK. Given my earlier problems with 2012, I am now unsure what to do. I am also holding off installing W10 for a while until it settles down - as advised by several pundits!

Any comments/suggestions?

GATEHILL, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

Windows Live Mail has no problem with email addresses containing an underscore character. Outlook.com does have a problem, though, with passwords more than 16 characters long submitted by Windows Live Mail, and I think that this error code is one of those returned in such a situation. To test, visit the Change password page and change your password to one of 15 characters. If two-step verification is enabled for the account, disable it while we're testing the new password.

Back in Windows Live Mail, right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select Properties. Change the password on the Server tab, then try synchronizing the account.

Noel Burgess, Aug 13, 2015
  9. freddy813 Win User
    Hi All
    I have used windows live mail 2012 for a long time never add a problem with it.
    I have emails on there which I have saved but since upgrading to 10 i can not run it it will try to load for hrs cannot stop it
    any ideas how to get the info out of the program

freddy813, Sep 15, 2015
  10. Victek Win User
    Look for this on the File menu:

"File/Export Email/Email Messages"

Victek, Sep 15, 2015
  11. ukdeejay Win User
    I upgraded to Win 10 Home within days of its release & it has rendered WLM 2012 unusable!

I CANNOT attach anything to an email;
    I CANNOT insert anything into an email - both of these actions immediately cause WLM to freeze & show as 'Not responding' in the new (inferior - IMHO!) Windows 10 version of Task Manager! My only option is to use the webmail version (outlook.com) which is seriously limited by comparison to WLM.

ukdeejay, Sep 15, 2015
  12. Victek Win User
    I would uninstall and reinstall it; just make a note of all of the account settings so you can re-enter them afterward if a manual setup is required.

Victek, Sep 16, 2015
  13. strollin Win User

Can't explain why you are having issues. WLM 2012 has worked flawlessly for me thru every Preview build of Win 10 as well as with the retail version of Win 10 and has continued to work fine in the 2 builds of Win 10 that have been released since the retail version.

I agree with the suggestion to attempt uninstall and reinstall.

strollin, Sep 16, 2015
  14. ukdeejay Win User
    Thanks to both victek & strollin. Will definitely give a reinstall a try. *Biggrin

ukdeejay, Sep 16, 2015
  15. mousegolf Win User
    Just download the latest version of Windows Essentials and save the stump file for future use. Double click the stump.exe file you should be prompted to add/repair your previous version.

After you have successfully repaired/installed W.E. be sure to export your different email accounts to a new folder in Documents, name is Mail Accounts (or whatever you like). That way you can backup those accounts to your Flash Drive or whatever backup media you use. (hopefully it's an external drive for making system images)

mousegolf, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM? - Similar Threads - Live Mail RTM

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  4. Windows 10 live mail

Windows 10 live mail: Hi, I have lost all my sub folders on my windows live(running Windows 10 home). How do I retrieve these folders as I have very important documents saved on these folders....
  5. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  6. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  7. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  8. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  9. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....
  10. Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service: [img] Ever since news broke of Windows 10 reaching the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) milestone of development, my inbox has been full of people claiming that I’m wrong about build 10240 (the build released to Insiders) being the official Windows 10 RTM. Build 10240 is the...