Windows 10: Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909

Discus and support Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using Windows Live Mail since about 2012, first on Windows 7, and then when I bought a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago it ran fine here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dschulze747, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909

I have been using Windows Live Mail since about 2012, first on Windows 7, and then when I bought a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago it ran fine here too. More recently I had a hard drive problem and had to have Windows 10 reinstalled from scratch. However, Windows Live Mail won't install now. First, it asked me to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3, which it accepted. That allowed me to run the Windows Live Essentials installation program. It let me install Windows Live Mail, but the problem now is that every time I try to start WLM, I get another error message saying a file is missing or something like that. I can chooseIgnore, and it seems that WLM works fine. However, the error message every time I start it is irritating, so I uninstalled it.

I spoke to the person who reinstalled Windows for me, and he said lots of his customers are asking the same question about WLM now. He said WLM installed correctly a year ago because I was using v1809 then, and the update to v1909 accepted it too. It worked fine until I had the hard drive problem. But he said Windows Live Mail will no longer work properly with a fresh install of Windows 10 v1909.

Can anyone verify this for me? Or is there a way to install WLM without the problems?

Yes, I have tried the built-in Windows Mail app, but I didn't find it to my liking. There didn't seem to be a way to create storage folders to keep my older emails as I could in WLM.

:)

dschulze747, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Dilbert Win User

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909

1. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909 - Similar Threads - Live Mail v1909

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  4. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  5. Windows 10 live mail

Windows 10 live mail: Hi, I have lost all my sub folders on my windows live(running Windows 10 home). How do I retrieve these folders as I have very important documents saved on these folders....
  6. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  7. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  8. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...
  9. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live mail on windows 10 1909