Windows 10: windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

Discus and support windows live mail is rejecting my google email account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get the following message: AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) Configuration: Account: Gmail (mgpittman22) Server:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mitchellpittman, Aug 12, 2019.

1. windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

I get the following message:

AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)

Configuration:
    Account: Gmail (mgpittman22)
    Server: imap.gmail.com
    User name: mgpittman22
    Protocol: IMAP
    Port: 993
    Secure(SSL): 1
    Code: 800cccd1

This has been going on for months. I can access my account using google but not windows live mail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MP

:)

mitchellpittman, Aug 12, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. So now there's no way to get a @live account to work with Windows Live Mail now?

I've been getting the 3219 error, googled it, found solution (to use the Mail program of Win 10 etc.

But I like the interface of Windows Live Mail - I have all my email addresses on it, now it's refusing the most important @Live one which I use for work.

Is there a way to get Windows Live to work with @live.com mail addresses or is all hope lost?

Black Panther, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

1. windows live mail is rejecting my google email account - Similar Threads - live mail rejecting

2. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  3. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  4. how to add email accounts to live mail

how to add email accounts to live mail: how to add email accounts to live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-email-accounts-to-live-mail/3f6c0045-4d14-4b4e-9fc0-f2af4ab60aef
  5. My Windows live mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows live mail account: My Windows Live Mail has changed. I can only access the Inbox. Previously I could see the Junk Mail box - Deleted - and loads of Storage folders. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-live-mail-account/c26d4c5b-e156-4181-bda9-3dddd8814af6
  6. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  7. Live Mail Password Rejection

Live Mail Password Rejection: My wife and I have separate email accounts with talktalk accessed via Live Mail. My account throws up 0x800CCC90 but hers continues to work perfectly. No settings have been changed. What's happening? I am using POP3 but when I try to change to IMAP although the POP3...
  8. Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account: I wish to use the Windows App Mail to receive emails from my Googlemail account on a brand new Dell laptop. It fails to receive although it does send emails. There is no reason why there should be any chance of corrupt files or installation - it is brand new! The account...
  9. Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...: Hi, Really can't sort out this problem. Have tried everything I can read or find out about gmail password verification. Gmail is fine my windows live mail won't accept ?...
  10. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live mail gmail rejects new email

2. windows live mail rejecting server

3. windows live mail rejects login