Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Junk not junk in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, lots of mail going into the junk folder is not junk. I have looked for solutions and on the Help info. it says whilst the mail is displayed,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Janeygee Win User

Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

Hi,
    lots of mail going into the junk folder is not junk. I have looked for solutions and on the Help info. it says whilst the mail is displayed, select Home> etc etc ............................but where is the Home tab ?

:)

Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016

2. HOW CAN YOU STOP SPAM/JUNK MAIL AT IT'S SOURCE?

OT: SPAM/JUNK MAIL.

HOW CAN YOU STOP SPAM/JUNK MAIL AT IT'S SOURCE?

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL/ THANKS

marjorieikov, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mail, Junk

All my junk folders om Windows 10 Mail are empty. I now I have had multiple junk mails that windows live would have received and displayed. Looks like they are blocked and not displayed. How do I receive mail considered junk?

Carol and Gardner Davis, Jan 21, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

The home tab is here (circled in red) when you open Windows Live Mail.

Windows Live Mail  Junk not junk [​IMG]

Click on the little triangle with the point facing down under the button that says "Junk" (indicated with a blue arrow above). Then click on Saftey options and you should get the choices you want.

5. Janeygee Win User
    I know you must be thinking..............stupid................but all I get on screen with windows mail is :

Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    OK, that isn't Windows Live Mail - your picture is the Windows Mail App. Nothing stupid about it - just the names are not always clear with Microsoft and they often change the name of one thing to mean something else.

I don't know how to deal with junk mail on that. Most likely you have to go to the web and deal with it there.

Please edit your post above and delete the picture - I see it ends in @Hotmail.com but unfortunately has your whole address..

Hopefully someone with @Hotmail will know but I'm sure it isn't in the mail app.

7. Janeygee Win User
    OK thanks for trying..............I really do not like "Apps" they are a pain in the *****
    Post edited I hope .Thanks again.

Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Well I do use Hotmail as my main mail program. If you have mail going into your junk folder that is not junk, that's easy to fix. Click on the msg that is NOT junk (small box on left of msg) then you will see a lot of options that you can choose for that msg.
    Mainly....."NOT JUNK" option. This will move that email into your Inbox folder, and any future mail from that sender, also will now go to your Inbox. If you have many emails in your junk folder like this, just put a check mark into EACH box on the left of each email, then....again choose NOT JUNK at TOP of the mail page in Hotmail. All will be moved into your Inbox.

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  9. Janeygee Win User
    OK.
    If I have the junk folder open on the left of the screen with a list of EMails there, and on the right half of the screen there is a screensaver, ngiht sky with a swirl of stars...........must be the default as I have not changed it.
    Click on any message and content is now shown on right side of screen.
    To the xtreme left of the message list are 4 icons at top, Expand, New Mail, All accounts and all folders.....at the bottom left 4 more icons, Mail, Switch to Calender, Feedback and Settings.
    If I right click on any message in the list, I get 4 icons Delete, Set Flag, Mark as read and Move

Am I missing something ?

Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't see those options on my Hotmail account....on the web <---- I access my email from on the web, not on my desktop. Here is a pic of my Junk mail folder....on the web...

Windows Live Mail  Junk not junk [​IMG]

Hotmail.com AND Outlook.com are same mail programs.....on the web....

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    I do NOT use the Windows Mail app.....which is ON my desktop.....as its very poor mail app. But my Hotmail account IS my main mail address. Which I access from the internet, not from my desktop.

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  12. lx07 Win User
    Nope you are still showing your email address to the whole world.

Only the fact you have Hotmail (not gmail or something else) is useful and if you leave your address you might get lots of spam. Edit the post and then click on "Manage attatchment" then "delete".

Lets see if one of the Administrators @Brink or @z3r010 can delete it for you though (post #3) if it is tricky.

13. z3r010 Win User

Just report the post in question and one of the mods will sort it, i'm on my phone on a train and cant do much.

z3r010, Jan 21, 2016
  14. Janeygee Win User
    Tried to edit the post, but the "Delete" icon is nowhere on screen when I select the "Manage Attachments" *Sad

In relation to original question ..........I also use Thunderbird to access 3 other EMail accounts, are you saying basically that I should just bin the Mail App, and stick to accessing ALL mail via Thuderbird ?

Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016
  15. dencal Win User
    Janey.
    The particular junk question you are referring to is purely a Windows Mail filtering system suspicious.
    If you made an inquiry concerning this e-mail you have nothing to worry about, if you trust the sender click on show full contents.

dencal, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail Junk not junk - Similar Threads - Live Mail Junk

2. Junk mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Junk mail: How to stop junk emails into my junk folder on hotmail I get 200 a day drives me crazy even when I block them they still come back even without opening mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/fc79cb0f-ac5c-46c1-8a97-c0e3090f7d74
  3. Junk mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk mail: How to stop junk emails into my junk folder on hotmail I get 200 a day drives me crazy even when I block them they still come back even without opening mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/fc79cb0f-ac5c-46c1-8a97-c0e3090f7d74
  4. Junk e mails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk e mails: If I click on a junk e mail to then unsubscribe from that address, does that mean the sender knows that I am a LIVE account and thus can sell on my details to other junk account dealers? I have been trying to block my junk messages in Windows 10, but no success....
  5. junk mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    junk mail: Hello, i have been reading thru the questions concerning putting JUNK mail IN JUNK MAIL FOLDER! Really microsoft? JUST ONE MORE REASON WHY I HATE YOUR PROGRAM. BUT WHAT DO YOU CARE, WE THE PUBLIC WHO MADE YOU MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, YOU DONT CARE. NOT A HAPPY CONSUMER...
  6. JUNK e-mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    JUNK e-mails: How can I stop "junk" e-mails I have 257 in 2 days all form different addresses and all advertising different "products" or women https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-e-mails/e00d70ed-140d-45b6-bc79-c904d07e3a25"
  7. Windows 10 Windows live mail, Mark as junk

Windows 10 Windows live mail, Mark as junk: The "Mark as junk" selection on my Windows 10 Live Mail has become inoperative, apparently with the last Windows update. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-live-mail-mark-as-junk/3fdcc45c-8312-4295-b5ff-a630a1a3ca65
  8. junk mail

junk mail: Since an update from Microsoft I cannot block junk mail without going to view blocked senders wich I have no idea what that's about https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/d266a929-d8c2-463a-9d6f-b856d6e1a7c9
  9. junk mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    junk mail: Been using Mail app for about a year now & am now getting a lot of junk mail. Why?? & how do I stop it?? Thanks!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/9b49fef5-b620-4d81-a394-158604052911
  10. junk mail

in Browsers and Email
    junk mail: Is it my imagination or am I the only one getting bombed with mail--junk or otherwise and with advertisements. I think free win 10 not so free after all. 19801