Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Junk not junk in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Tried to edit the post, but the "Delete" icon is nowhere on screen when I select the "Manage Attachments" *Sad In relation to original question... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

OK try to delete the Whole post.....don't look for manage attachments......choose Delete Post instead....
    Also maybe @essenbe can help you.

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  2. lx07 Win User

Sorry, no this is completely wrong. The sender is EasyJet. You might think they are junk, I might not.

Windows Mail doesn't have any junk filtering. It comes from the host. If it is in the IMAP folder called junk it arrives in the Windows mail folder called junk. If it comes from gmail perhaps it is called spam.

Maybe sometimes trash is called rubbish bin or something else but you must realise the folder definition and rules are on the host.

3. OldMike65 Win User
    I think all the Junk Mail is controlled from Outlook / Hotmail.Com FROM the WEB.....if user logs into his Hotmail account from the WEB and makes his needed changes their....it will show up in his Desktop mail app.

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

This Windows Mail app is in my opinion absolutely brilliant, so simple to set up.
    The attachment shows how to delete circled in red, click on attachment to enlarge.

dencal, Jan 21, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Well no offense intended, but I could think of a description for the Windows Mail app, and it wouldn't be "Absolutely Brilliant" as it lacks lots of features.

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    You need to reread my post...it is NOT in the junk folder, just marked out as junk....Windows Mail does have a filtering system.
    Your whole post does not make sense.....do you use Windows Mail?

dencal, Jan 21, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks essenbe for removing the post #3 for Janeygee!!!

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

Attachment should be deleted.

essenbe, Jan 21, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    YES its removed Thanks for your help *Thumbs

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    It has recently been updated...I have four separate accounts registered and never had any problems, even when one of my suppliers have shut down due to repairs.

dencal, Jan 21, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    Feel free to open a thread in the chillout room to discuss it then rather than hijack someone's question about how to deal with their email going incorrectly to junk.

I'm sure you'll find some who agree with you and some who don't but this isn't the place to discuss it.

12. dencal Win User
    I don't know how many times I have to repeat this.....it is NOT posted in the junk folder.

dencal, Jan 21, 2016
  13. Janeygee Win User

Dencal,
    I would like to understand what you are saying and resolve the issue.
    I get numerous EMails to the hotmail address, some of which appear in the Inbox, and others, lots, which appear in the Junk folder..................this is when using the App provided in Windows 10.
    Quite a lot of those in the Junk folder are ones that I want to read, but cannot until I click on the Move Icon, and move them to the Inbox.
    What I want to do, is stop those Emails going into Junk in the first place.
    Does that make sense , and can I actually do that.

Thanks also Essenbe/OldMike for getting rid of my bad post.

Not only that problem now ..............
    I unpinned the Mail App from the task bar so I would not be tempted to use it, however I just opened it up and lo and behold, there are 14 messages in the JUNK folder !!!!
    When I check the hotmail address using Thunderbird, none of those messages are anywhere in any of the folders............ now that really is useful I don't think *Mad

Janeygee, Jan 21, 2016
  14. lx07 Win User
    That is correct.

I use outlook.com (not Hotmail.com) but as far as I can tell this takes you to the same place.

Go to Hotmail.com and sign into your mailbox.

On the left you will see various folders - inbox, drafts, junk, sent mail and so on.

To mark something as not junk go to the junk mail folder, right click on the message and mark as not junk. This will move it to the inbox and also add a rule saying this sender is OK so next time a mail comes from them it will go to the inbox direct. After some time you will have enough rules that you hardly have anything in junk mail that you don't want.

Alternatively you can go to the cog in the top right, select options > rules and put in names of senders (like EasyJet.com) you decided aren't junk. This is a much slower process though as you have to type them in.

All of this can only be done on the web interface - it can't be done in mail app. Your mail app will download whatever is in the folders you see on the web interface (and not necessarily all) and then (possibly) do more processing.

15. OldMike65 Win User
    Yep, lx07 I tried to tell the user that twice.....maybe your post with more detail will explain it to janeygee better. *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail Junk not junk - Similar Threads - Live Mail Junk

2. Junk mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Junk mail: How to stop junk emails into my junk folder on hotmail I get 200 a day drives me crazy even when I block them they still come back even without opening mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/fc79cb0f-ac5c-46c1-8a97-c0e3090f7d74
  3. Junk mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk mail: How to stop junk emails into my junk folder on hotmail I get 200 a day drives me crazy even when I block them they still come back even without opening mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/fc79cb0f-ac5c-46c1-8a97-c0e3090f7d74
  4. Junk e mails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk e mails: If I click on a junk e mail to then unsubscribe from that address, does that mean the sender knows that I am a LIVE account and thus can sell on my details to other junk account dealers? I have been trying to block my junk messages in Windows 10, but no success....
  5. junk mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    junk mail: Hello, i have been reading thru the questions concerning putting JUNK mail IN JUNK MAIL FOLDER! Really microsoft? JUST ONE MORE REASON WHY I HATE YOUR PROGRAM. BUT WHAT DO YOU CARE, WE THE PUBLIC WHO MADE YOU MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, YOU DONT CARE. NOT A HAPPY CONSUMER...
  6. JUNK e-mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    JUNK e-mails: How can I stop "junk" e-mails I have 257 in 2 days all form different addresses and all advertising different "products" or women https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-e-mails/e00d70ed-140d-45b6-bc79-c904d07e3a25"
  7. Windows 10 Windows live mail, Mark as junk

Windows 10 Windows live mail, Mark as junk: The "Mark as junk" selection on my Windows 10 Live Mail has become inoperative, apparently with the last Windows update. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-live-mail-mark-as-junk/3fdcc45c-8312-4295-b5ff-a630a1a3ca65
  8. junk mail

junk mail: Since an update from Microsoft I cannot block junk mail without going to view blocked senders wich I have no idea what that's about https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/d266a929-d8c2-463a-9d6f-b856d6e1a7c9
  9. junk mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    junk mail: Been using Mail app for about a year now & am now getting a lot of junk mail. Why?? & how do I stop it?? Thanks!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-mail/9b49fef5-b620-4d81-a394-158604052911
  10. junk mail

in Browsers and Email
    junk mail: Is it my imagination or am I the only one getting bombed with mail--junk or otherwise and with advertisements. I think free win 10 not so free after all. 19801