Windows 10: Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login

Discus and support Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; just upgraded my mother's Dell Windows 7 Home 64 Bit PC to Windows 10 64 Bit Home. I'd already done this with my own system (exactly the same except... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mccoady, Apr 24, 2016.

1. mccoady Win User

Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login

just upgraded my mother's Dell Windows 7 Home 64 Bit PC to Windows 10 64 Bit Home. I'd already done this with my own system (exactly the same except mine's a home built computer) without any issues. Everything went fine on hers except for two a couple of issues one being Windows live Mail.

WLM would not originally even open as I was getting a error screen saying something to do with permissions. I decided to do a repair when I discovered she was running WLM 2011 which doesn't work with Windows 10. I uninstalled it, rebooted, and then installed 2012 which works on mine just fine. I figured it would work now but still the same error screen. I did a Windows Essentials repair but it didn't help. I searched and found many possible remedies but I think I ended up unchecking something in the Properties of the WLM folder. Anyway whatever I did somewhat worked because it now opens and no error screen.

The issue I'm still having though is it asks to sign in to WLM every time you close out of it and then reopen. I did the Verify thing with Windows 10. Beside the annoying login issue WLM appears to be functioning properly she can receive and send mail just fine. I want to fix this because once logged in it does sync with her Outlook.com Contacts. Any ideas?

:)

mccoady, Apr 24, 2016

2. cannot login to mail. keeps asking to verify password

have you set up mail account here

http://email.nokia.com/

have you tried doing it offline?

techbuzzireland, Apr 24, 2016
  3. toppcat Win User
    cannot login to mail. keeps asking to verify password.

In fact I just changed my password, by entering the "forgot password dialogue" from the verify password page. I then went to my mail and I got redirected back to the verify password page again. Entering my new password does not work.

It would appear that there is something wong with my account setup, not with my passwords, but what to do?

toppcat, Apr 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

No sure it will help at all...................

1. go to settings > Accounts.
    On the right side, is there a word Verify in blue color ? If yes, click it.

2. If the above is not applicable.................
    go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Microsoft Essentials > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  5. mccoady Win User
    davidhk I had actually already tried both of those but glad you mentioned them because it made me go back and double-check.

I don't quite understand how this "Verify' works but a week ago I tried to do this on her computer and I got this screen. I never looked at it again and basically forgot about it. I don't remember having a waiting period when I did the Verify on my Windows 10 can you enlighten me to as what's going on? It won't let me cancel it and start over in case it would speed things up.

I can't remember exactly what I did going through the Verify process but I think I tried to change her alternate email address because she no longer has that email.

I'd be willing to bet this is what's causing the WLM logging issue.

mccoady, Apr 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    .............I don't quite understand how this "Verify' works but a week ago I tried to do this on her computer and I got this screen. I never looked at it again and basically forgot about it. I don't remember having a waiting period when I did the Verify on my Windows 10 can you enlighten me to as what's going on? It won't let me cancel it and start over in case it would speed things up........................

I can't tell you anything that could be useful to you.
    I had the Verify thing myself. Last time it happened to me, I clicked Verify > I was asked to enter an email address to receive a security code > I did that > entered the code and that was it.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Try the WLM Repair option again.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  8. mccoady Win User

First thing I tried. This Verify thing may need to be answered in another forum like User Accounts and Family Safety not in Browsers and Email. Will I get in trouble for reposting the part about Verifying your account in another forum?

mccoady, Apr 25, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    That won't be necessary.
    Members here are mostly versatile in knowledge.
    They can handle various questions no matter where it is posted.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  10. mccoady Win User
    Ok well maybe someone can answer this than. Can the Windows 10 Verify security setting being locked or not verified prevent WLM from remembering your login password?

mccoady, Apr 25, 2016
  11. I have the SAME issue now on at least a weekly basis. Super annoying.

abepachikara, May 16, 2017
  12. essenbe Win User
    Are we talking about Windows Live Mail, part of Windows Essentials? If so, it is no longer supported by Microsoft As of January this year. it can still work in Windows 10 but Microsoft accounts have to be set up as IMAP accounts, POP3 accounts will not work.

I still use it and have only a few problems with it. I rarely get asked to verify my account info, but do get a failure message with my MS accounts. I have found, for unknown reasons, if you ignore the failures, they will begin working again within an hour or so.

These are the settings for IMAP

SMTP

Server name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 587
    Encryption method: STARTTLS

IMAP

Server name: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption method: TLS

essenbe, May 16, 2017
  13. gpstoloff Win User

Yes, it does work with IMAP for email only. Calendar, Contacts (People), etc. no longer sync up with Outlook/Hotmail.com

gpstoloff, May 17, 2017
  14. AANSLAG Win User
    Had the same issue since yesterday.

And because I do not need my contacts synced with Microsoft, or use Messenger or Spaces (who still does?) e.g. need Windows Live services for my private IMAP mail accounts , I simply stopped connecting Windows Live Mail via my Windows Live ID to the Windows Live services (much Live here *Smile).

This can simply be done by going to [Options] in WLM, select the tab [Connection] and choose [Stop signing in]

Hope this does the trick for some of you out there.

AANSLAG, May 23, 2017
  15. The verify process and this screen telling you your security info change is still pending can only be described as a safeguard.

With hotmail or Outlook.com accounts this is how it works.

You log in and for what ever reason MS challenges you and wants to verify you. (likely all the changes when you building / transferring.) Depending on how you set account up it either wants to send an email to alternate address or it wants to text you or asks for a code from your code generator. (Looks like you had an email and change to texting option.)

You responded I don't have that method any more. It allows you to change your security (verification) method. Now for the next 30 days it puts up this warning.

It puts up this warning just in case a bad person made the change. They figure in the 30 days the real owner will sign on and either say yea I requested that, continue on or WTF I didn't ask for this change and cancel it.

If you want this to go away you can cancel the change but then you MUST be able to verify yourself using the old method, in this case the old email at @kanokla.net

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail keeps asking to login - Similar Threads - Live Mail keeps

2. web Sites keeps asking for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web Sites keeps asking for login: web Sites keeps asking for login Laptop:Microsoft Surface Pro 5th Gen Model 1769 OS:Win 10 . Default web browser : google chrome No problem with saving file on desktop or documents folder. Problem :Outlook 365 and web Sites like twitter,gmail,trello keep asking for login...
  3. Live mail is asking for passcode again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live mail is asking for passcode again and again: I am getting the below error when trying to sync live mail with Gmail, though it worked fine until this morning no config changes were made ---------------- Unable to send or receive messages for the <<name>> account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you...
  4. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  5. Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password: Suddenly windows 10 is asking me to log in every time i turn my PC on. The weird part is there are 2 users to choose from. Both have the same name my name but my password only works for one of them. If i go into the "netplwiz" there is only one user. I already have "user...
  6. Login screen keeps asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login screen keeps asking for password: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  7. UNABLE TO LOGIN TO WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UNABLE TO LOGIN TO WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: I have been unable to login to my Windows Live Mail for a couple of days. I keep receiving a message advising that the password is incorrect. I have changed my password to see if that solves the issue but it hasn't. Can anyone please help?...
  8. Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Keeps Crashing: Over the last few days Windows Live Mail keeps crashing when trying to send emails. Receiving emails is ok. I have used Event Viewer and uploaded the image below. Any help greatly appreciated. [img] 46414
  9. OneDrive keeps asking me to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps asking me to login: Are there any temporary files, settings, etc. I can set CCleaner to avoid cleaning, because every time I restart my computer, OneDrive keeps asking for my Microsoft account to continue using it. In a similar fashion, the same behavior can be observed if OneDrive is run...
  10. Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?: I have the Windows 10 upgrade queued up and ready to install on my Windows 7 machine, but I'm nervous to do so for fear that I'll lose all my storage folders, contacts, and emails that are currently in my Windows Live Mail (I have two separate accounts configured). Will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live mail keeps asking me to sign in

2. windows live mail keeps asking for password

3. microsoft live mail keeps asking for password

4. windows live email on phone keeps saying login failed,
  5. what program keeps prompting to log on to https://login.live.com,
  6. windows live mail asking to login,
  7. indows live mail keeps asking me to sign in,
  8. live email wont work with password on phone,
  9. windows live mail asking to sign in,
  10. why does windows live mail keep asking for sign in,
  11. windows live mail keeps requesting log in,