Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bisquit, Jul 13, 2020.

1. bisquit Win User

Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server.
    Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or so. I had thought that we had succeeded. This morning when I went to check for my daily emails I noticed that the small box located on the lower right bottom above the time/date (in the taskbar) that would normally activate when I open WLM that would say "checking for emails" or "no new messages" or "receiving mail" was now missing.

Does anyone know how to get it back?? This is the only way I to know if WLM is checking for email---other than the "send/receive" button located within the HOME tab at the top which I find is not very reliable. I have since deleted the email that was created last night--but the issue remains. Is there "repair option" located someplace within the program? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I know that WLM is obsolete--but I have been happy with it for a long time and would like to salvage it. If not, any recommendations other than "thunderbird" which I find is too complex. Don't much care for the "new email" app that comes with win 10. thank you.

:)

bisquit, Jul 13, 2020

2. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

1. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails - Similar Threads - Live Mail Checking

2. Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail: How do I access (with my new Windows 10 Home [version 1903] computer using Windows Mail) the many thousands of Windows Live Mail (WLM) emails on my old Windows 7 computer. I use yahoo mail, and I am able to get new yahoo mail using Windows 10 Mail on the new computer, and I...
  3. Recover emails from windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    Recover emails from windows live mail: Hello everybody, I used windows live mail for years however recently I had a problem with my HDD and windows 10 was so bad that it wouldn't start (I tested 10 different ways) So I decided to take advantage and buy an SSD and make a new clean install. Now I have both hard...
  4. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  5. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  6. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL: I have used Windows Live Mail as my email client for years. Even though this program is no longer supported, I continue to use it as it has served me well over the years. Recently I had to change my ISP and get a new email address. I am now with Spectrum/Charter. While I...
  7. Windows Live Mail delete email problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Live Mail delete email problem: From time to time, when I want to delete an email from my 'In' box I get a message "The contents of this message cannot be found". I try to delete it, drag it into deleted folder or trash folder, nothing works. it just stays in the inbox, can't be opened, can't be removed....
  8. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  9. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288