Windows 10: Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

Discus and support Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanPlowright, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do the program just stalls and I cannot shut it down unless I use Taskmanager. Help please!

:)

JonathanPlowright, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Windows Live mail does not allow me to open photos in emails received

Hi Ross,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if Block images and other external content in HTML email is checked in Windows Live mail.

I suggest you to uncheck Block images and other external content in HTML email in Windows Live mail and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

• Open your Windows Live Mail.

• Press Alt+F.

• Click on Options.

• Select Safety Options.

• Click on Security tab.

• Uncheck Block images and other external content in HTML email.

• Check Show images and external content sent from email addresses in my Safe Senders list.

• Tick on Apply.

• Select OK.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

1. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails - Similar Threads - Live Mail problem

2. Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails: Starting late last week, Windows Live Mail will not open on my computer. The box with the logo appears in the middle of the screen with the "working" icon spinning round and round, but the program never opens. If I click on a different program, the logo box disappears and...
  3. Windows mail not including the previous email in reply

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows mail not including the previous email in reply: [ATTACH] I recently started using Windows mail and calendar on windows 10. While replying to some emails, it includes the previous email like Outlook does but on some it does not include the previous email, although it includes only a few lines which truncate after the...
  4. Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies: Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email address it uses for me does not work for any replies. Outlook is my primary email program. How can I change the default program...
  5. Can't reply to email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reply to email: I have the habit of saving some of my emails as .eml in my pc. Unfortunately though, when re-opening them, they do only that. They open up but I can't reply to them, forward them or anything. I simply have no toolbar or anything similar at the top of my emails. How can I...
  6. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  7. Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

Windows Mail not displaying reply emails: I just downloaded Mail on a new computer. Works as normal except now replies I have made to emails are noted by the curved arrow in index, but I cant access them. Usually they are above the original email. The messages are grouped by conversation in settings. Any ideas??...
  8. Windows Live Mail (2012) will not send ceated emails but will reply to an incoming one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail (2012) will not send ceated emails but will reply to an incoming one: Hi, Microsoft said that they no longer support this email program & cannot help unless I subscribe to Office for a year. Any emails I generate no longer send. I can reply to incoming emails. Can anyone suggest a repair please? Nick...
  9. Can't recieve or send emails via Windows Live Mail

Can't recieve or send emails via Windows Live Mail: I can't receive or send emails via Windows Live Mail. My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have Windows 10. Account: Verizon Server: pop.verizon.net Error Message: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's...
  10. Windows Live Mail delete email problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Live Mail delete email problem: From time to time, when I want to delete an email from my 'In' box I get a message "The contents of this message cannot be found". I try to delete it, drag it into deleted folder or trash folder, nothing works. it just stays in the inbox, can't be opened, can't be removed....