Windows 10: Windows Live mail question???

Discus and support Windows Live mail question??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and have been using Windows Live Mail for the last year or so. Had a system crash and had to do a clean install of Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by warewasher2025, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Windows Live mail question???

I'm running Windows 10 and have been using Windows Live Mail for the last year or so. Had a system crash and had to do a clean install of Windows 10. Now of course Windows live mail will not re install since it's now an obsolete program. I'm working with Windows 10 mail program and adjusting to this new format........however I have several saved emails on an external hard drive that are saved in the windows live format.....

Is there a program that will open or convert windows live emails to the new Windows Mail format or am I stuck with emails that I can never open again?

:)

warewasher2025, Jun 4, 2017

2. Email (Mail) on Windows 10?

Windows Live Mail does not look like the Mail App and it shouldn't. You said the new Windows Live Mail doesn't look like the current Windows Live Mail which confused me since it isn't Windows Live Mail.

What is the issue with the Windows Live Mail that you just installed?

Bruce Hagen, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Switch from Windows 10 mail to windows live mail

I have been using Windows Live Mail but gave Windows 10 mail a try and do not like it. Now I need to change back to Windows Live Mail. Every time I open Windows Live Mail it closes with "Windows Live Mail Has Stopped Working".

Is this because W10 mail is designated as my mail program?

All I want to do is turn off W10 mail and use Live mail which I have already installed.

Thanks

beauchamp43, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows Live mail question???

Windows Live Mail saves mail in the .eml format which can be opened/read by the inbuilt Windows Mail app. I had problems with copying/moving the mails from the Live mail folder to the mail app, I ended up temporarily installing another email client then sending the files to myself in order to mov these emails into windows mail app. To open the emails just double click on them.
    After a clean install Windows Essentials also failed to install on my laptop.

Bastet, Jun 4, 2017
Thema:

Windows Live mail question???

1. Windows Live mail question??? - Similar Threads - Live mail question

2. Windows Live Mail Question

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Question: A couple of weeks ago my Yahoo emails coming into my Windows Live Mail 2011 suddenly stopped coming in and gives me an error message. The error message was the pop-up box saying the password is incorrect. I hadnt changed the password prior to the fault cropping up. I have...
  3. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  5. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: How can I sign in to Windows Live Mail to change the password if it won't recognize any of my usual passwords? I have no email access and over 9000 emails wailing to arrive. HELP!!!!! Greg Young...
  6. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  7. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  8. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c
  9. Windows Live Mail and live.co.uk question

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail and live.co.uk question: I use Windows Live Mail and have e mail address L: xxx@live.co.uk Someone mentioned wlm would stop after the end of June. I don't use wlm to connect to outlook. So, after 30th June will I be still able to use wlm and use my L: XXX@live.co.uk email? Even if the answer to...
  10. Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live mail and Mail 10 question: My 10 mail stopped download to my accounts on 9-1-16, but my windows live mail is still working, which is a good thing. When I did the free upgrade to 10 from win 7 in late July I was pleased to see that I had both WLM and Mail10, but 10 is not loading any more mail....