Windows 10: Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...

Discus and support Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Really can't sort out this problem. Have tried everything I can read or find out about gmail password verification. Gmail is fine my windows live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by disorderly, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...

Hi, Really can't sort out this problem. Have tried everything I can read or find out about gmail password verification. Gmail is fine my windows live mail won't accept ?

:)

disorderly, Jan 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Jan 10, 2019
  3. peerv Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Entegy Win User

Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...

Google 2 Step authentication stop gmail on 920

Yes, Windows Phone requires an application specific password from the Gmail 2-step authentication settings page.

Entegy, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my...

1. Windows Live mail rejects my gmail requiring authentication of password. Google says my... - Similar Threads - Live mail rejects

2. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...: For a very brief moment I think - it's too long, now, since I tried to be certain, the 2-step authentication worked. Like, for a single download.Since that single time, never again.I've changed my password to no avail despite my certainty of the match on WLM2012 and the gmail...
  3. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...: For a very brief moment I think - it's too long, now, since I tried to be certain, the 2-step authentication worked. Like, for a single download.Since that single time, never again.I've changed my password to no avail despite my certainty of the match on WLM2012 and the gmail...
  4. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail: I have set up Gmail in Live Mail and can read all my messages. My Inbox and Trash are almost empty. I cannot send Gmail. I have checked the box for outgoing to use the same settings as incoming and to use port 465. What else needs to be changed?...
  6. Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail

Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail: I have set up Gmail in Live Mail and can read all my messages. My Inbox and Trash are almost empty. I cannot send Gmail. I have checked the box for outgoing to use the same settings as incoming and to use port 465. What else needs to be changed?...
  7. Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!!

Microsoft Requires My Gmail Password!!!: * Moved from Education This week I was unable to access my Gmail account. An icon next to Gmail explained Microsoft required my Gmail password. When I supplied it an agreement appeared stating I agreed to give Microsoft permission to access everything connected to that...
  8. windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail is rejecting my google email account: I get the following message: AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) Configuration: Account: Gmail (mgpittman22) Server: imap.gmail.com User name: mgpittman22 Protocol: IMAP Port: 993 Secure(SSL): 1 Code: 800cccd1 This has been going on...
  9. Live Mail Password Rejection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Mail Password Rejection: My wife and I have separate email accounts with talktalk accessed via Live Mail. My account throws up 0x800CCC90 but hers continues to work perfectly. No settings have been changed. What's happening? I am using POP3 but when I try to change to IMAP although the POP3...
  10. Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10)

Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10): My Gmail account has been working well in my Windows Live Mail. Recently, it ceased to recognize the password and therefore I no longer havce access to it through that program. I have made a Run Programs made for previous versions of Windows in na attempt to deblock de...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live rejecting gmail login

2. windows live mail rejecting gmail password

3. gmail authentication windows live mail

4. windows live mail 2012 gmail rejects password,
  5. windows live mail gmail rejected login,
  6. windows live rejects gmail sign in