Windows 10: Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

Discus and support Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My sister & I are trying to help our 90-yr-old parents from being hacked, spammed, be subject of phishing, etc. We monitor their activity--potential... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PattyThorsen, May 14, 2019.

1. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

My sister & I are trying to help our 90-yr-old parents from being hacked, spammed, be subject of phishing, etc. We monitor their activity--potential junk/spam e-mail. Are there settings I could turn on in their Mail applications to help curb this problem? When I visit them, once a week or so, I check their computers for any dangerous items. I have tried to talk with Mom about what to watch out for, and what not to do. Dad understands where not to go, and what not to do. We talk almost nightly. I know they trust me, my having been a quality assurance tester of databases at a publishing company for many years, so they will share any problems they have in that dept. Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

:)

PattyThorsen, May 14, 2019

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 14, 2019
  3. Phishing Scam Emails

Yes, in Mail of Outlook.com there was an Arrow next to JUNK with 3 options..

Junk.

Phishing Scam.

My friends been hacked.

On the new Windows 10 Mail that feature doesn't appear to be there, so not allowing me to send emails direct to Phishing Scam.

Regards.

Stormin'..., May 14, 2019
  4. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

quietman7 - MVP, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

1. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc. - Similar Threads - Live Mail settings

2. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  3. Phishing Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing Scam: Hi team, Wondering what to do since I clicked on the link provided in this email. I entered my phone number and password. BUT I did change my outlook account password after I realized that it was a scam and did a virus scan which came up clean. I'm still concerned as I gave...
  4. Phishing Scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing Scam: Hi team, Wondering what to do since I clicked on the link provided in this email. I entered my phone number and password. BUT I did change my outlook account password after I realized that it was a scam and did a virus scan which came up clean. I'm still concerned as I gave...
  5. Phishing Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Is this a phishing scam?

Is this a phishing scam?: Hi I got an E-mail from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***'It says: Some of your saved passwords were found onlineThen it gave my gmail accountThen it says:One or more of the passwords stored in your Google Account was found in a data breach from a site or app that...
  7. Malware, phishing, etc...

Malware, phishing, etc...: Please tell me how to get rid of s.yimg.com.Has had my email; *** Email address is removed for privacy *** hacked for sometime now. I am on SSI, a disabled veteran and I live on a fixed income of less than $900 a month, so I can't afford to buy anything....
  8. Phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing scam: What is the Microsoft address to forward phishing scams to please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phishing-scam/c95d9a0e-0ae7-49b4-b3f8-3cea8a0f7c87
  9. Phishing scams.

Phishing scams.: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....
  10. phishing scam

phishing scam: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....