Windows 10: Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

Discus and support Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My sister & I are trying to help our 90-yr-old parents from being hacked, spammed, be subject of phishing, etc. We monitor their activity--potential... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PattyThorsen, May 14, 2019.

1. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

My sister & I are trying to help our 90-yr-old parents from being hacked, spammed, be subject of phishing, etc. We monitor their activity--potential junk/spam e-mail. Are there settings I could turn on in their Mail applications to help curb this problem? When I visit them, once a week or so, I check their computers for any dangerous items. I have tried to talk with Mom about what to watch out for, and what not to do. Dad understands where not to go, and what not to do. We talk almost nightly. I know they trust me, my having been a quality assurance tester of databases at a publishing company for many years, so they will share any problems they have in that dept. Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

:)

PattyThorsen, May 14, 2019

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 14, 2019
  3. Phishing Scam Emails

Yes, in Mail of Outlook.com there was an Arrow next to JUNK with 3 options..

Junk.

Phishing Scam.

My friends been hacked.

On the new Windows 10 Mail that feature doesn't appear to be there, so not allowing me to send emails direct to Phishing Scam.

Regards.

Stormin'..., May 14, 2019
  4. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

quietman7 - MVP, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc.

1. Windows Live Mail settings for 90-year-old parents to avoid scamming, phishing, etc. - Similar Threads - Live Mail settings

2. Phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing scam: What is the Microsoft address to forward phishing scams to please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phishing-scam/c95d9a0e-0ae7-49b4-b3f8-3cea8a0f7c87
  3. Parental control settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental control settings: Some feature in forza horizon 4 are blocked because of parental control settings, even though my account is unrestricted, I know where to change these settings but all the settings are already set to allowed and yet I still have no access....
  4. Parental Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Control Settings: Hey Guys I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 on PC and I want to access clubs but do the the "parental controls" or whatever they are, I can't join them or access the online in-game auctions. I've gone onto my Xbox app and tried to change them, but every time i get redirected...
  5. Phishing scams.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phishing scams.: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....
  6. phishing scam

phishing scam: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....
  7. Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server

Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server: ALERT: This e-mail was in my Junk folder. It purported to have a Microsoft sender's address. The "To" indicated only "Recipient". It went to my Junk folder as a possible phishing, and I have reported it from my Junk folder. My research didn't show anything similar,...
  8. settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10: I'm using Windows Live Mail on Win 10. My Contacts (when I click "Contacts") are set up to show "last name", "First name" which is what I want. But, when I want to compose a new e-mail and click on the "To" or "Cc" box in the address section of a new e-mail to add a contact,...
  9. possible xbox live phishing email

possible xbox live phishing email: Received an email on the 12th, from billing@microsoft warning of automatic renewal of xbox live gold account. Opening 2 links resulted in a 404, but the billing link was blocked by edge: [img] and the same link in FF resulted in [img] Copying and pasting the...
  10. Outlook live mail freezem fail etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook live mail freezem fail etc.: After no problems with Outlook since install of Win 10 years ago have recently,within the past month or so, have begun having outlook mail freeze for minutes and then operate with slow typing, loss of ability to highlight lines for deleting or cutting, etc. and just bad...