Windows 10: WIndows LIve Mail slow to perform in HTML using WIndows 10 - 2019: but now fixed !!!

Discus and support WIndows LIve Mail slow to perform in HTML using WIndows 10 - 2019: but now fixed !!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had some serious issues with my Windows Live Mail downloading or viewing HTML mail. Plain text was not an issue. But any HTML mail took from 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RickC4, Nov 23, 2019.

1. RickC4 Win User

WIndows LIve Mail slow to perform in HTML using WIndows 10 - 2019: but now fixed !!!

I have had some serious issues with my Windows Live Mail downloading or viewing HTML mail. Plain text was not an issue. But any HTML mail took from 10 to 60 seconds to load. Don't know if it was all connected but I could not load a "curren"t Radar picture in my Weather app, plus what ever browser I tried to open was very slow to open with the exception of Google Chrome. Edge, IE, FireFox were all very slow and even Chrome seemed somewhat slow. I read where many of the older threads that are now locked on this same subject suggested finding the Windows Essential program under the Control Panel app / Programs - Uninstall a program. It may be at the very bottom of the page. They suggest selecting "uninstall" to pull up a page that has two options, one which is Repair and a second uninstall option. After tinkering with many other suggestions in varying threads on the same subject, I would come back to try the Repair of Essentials many times to no avail. At the same time I would work on my slow browser issue as I thought they may be linked. Logically, I had wondered after my son put the idea in my head if this was somehow a storage capacity issue. I will be honest and tell you that I came across the Windows Messenger Sign-In page almost by luck when search for a storage folder for Live Mail. I was in the process of reviewing my personal Windows Live Mail folder settings at

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

when I noticed that a MS file was taking up a significant amount space. As I was messing around with that folder a Windows Messenger Sign-in page popped up. After some research, as I had never used Messenger, I discovered that Message had not been in service for a good while. On a hunch, I went back into the Uninstall page for Windows Essentials but this time I selected the Uninstall setting instead of the Repair setting. A second uninstall page loaded listing all the different programs in WIndows Essentials to include a separate box for Messenger. I checked the Messenger box (only) and then selected Uninstall. Almost to my great surprise I tried all the issues that weren't working and they were now all working perfectly to include Mail, my browsers, and live radar in the Weather app. Not being a computer wiz, maybe it was luck and my internet provider happened to flip a switch around the same time but I think that my deleting Messenger, it freed up the space in my storage for all to now work normally. Please respond in the afermative for others sake if you try this and it works for you as Microsoft is no longer providing support for Live Mail.

:)

RickC4, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2019
  4. WIndows LIve Mail slow to perform in HTML using WIndows 10 - 2019: but now fixed !!!

Windows 10 Live Mail

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in downloading any attachment from Live mail and sending emails.
    It is possible that there are corrupted files on your Windows Live Mail that could be causing the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

What do I do if I can't download my attachments in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue.

We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this

link
    for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this

link
    where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

WIndows LIve Mail slow to perform in HTML using WIndows 10 - 2019: but now fixed !!!

1. WIndows LIve Mail slow to perform in HTML using WIndows 10 - 2019: but now fixed !!! - Similar Threads - LIve Mail slow

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: I have set the default font in my Windows Live Mail settings but when I click to start a new message it doesn't go to the default setting I chose. I go back to the settings and it shows the default font I chose. This has only started happening recently so I don't know what...
  3. mail for windows 10 not showing html attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mail for windows 10 not showing html attachments: Astonishing, mail for windows 10 does not show the html attachments of an email, whereas outlook 2016 does! Tweaking the "Automatically Download External Content" in the Setup > Reading pane does not help at all. Why? Some ideas for "how to" ?...
  4. Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail: I received an email from Yahoo on 25 August titled Important security notice about your Yahoo account. This informed me that I had to take some action before 20 October 2020 to continue to use a third party application to access my Yahoo email account. As I use Windows...
  5. Window 10 Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Live Mail: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and considering using Windows 10 Live Mail as email client. I setup a Live Mail account and my email inbox from internet provider email account came across just fine but I could not find anywhere to close the Reading Pane. Does Live Mail's...
  6. Windows Live Mail, Now Windows Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Live Mail, Now Windows Mail: Windows Live Mail, Now Windows Mail is asking me to sign in. Never had to before, and now that I've updated my password, signed into my microsoft account several times successfully, mail is not recognizing me....
  7. Slow performance using grep.exe or ag.exe on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance using grep.exe or ag.exe on windows 10: Hi, I've been transitioning from windows 7 to window 10. I use cygwin and linux tools like grep.exe and ag.exe to search file contents. The issue is using these tools on windows 10 is dog slow and I don't get why. For a search that takes 5 seconds on my windows 7, takes...
  8. windows 10 live mail

windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  9. windows 10 Live mail

windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  10. windows live mail 2012 crashing with html emails

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012 crashing with html emails: Since updating to Windows 10 from 8.1, Windows Live Mail instantly crashes when viewing most emails. I can't quite work out which ones it is allowing me to view although the only way to stop this behaviour is to tick the box 'Read all messages in plain text' under File |...