Windows 10: Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

Discus and support Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved Windows Live from an old computer to a new computer. The mail folder works and I am getting email. However, my contacts didn't move over. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DebraScouten, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

I moved Windows Live from an old computer to a new computer. The mail folder works and I am getting email. However, my contacts didn't move over. In Contacts, it is asking for my Microsoft password. I gave it the password and it is stated it was the wrong password. I changed the password and it is still not working. Any assistance would be helpful.

:)

DebraScouten, Sep 26, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Live Mail - delete contacts

Windows Live Mail syncs with People contacts, but only if you are logged in on Windows Live Mail. Changes made while not logged in appear to never be synced. The 'People' contacts are stored on Microsoft servers, for use by the People app, people.live.com, and syncing with Windows Live Mail (when logged into it). Syncing seems to fail as often as not, so fully back up all contacts lists before culling.

bigbadsteve, Sep 26, 2019
  4. jzgadz Win User

Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them.

jzgadz, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

1. Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder - Similar Threads - Live Mail support

2. How to Contact Live support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Contact Live support: I've been exhausting every avenue available to me. I bought a new computer from Msi the computer says Windows is not activated, I have the computer linked to the same account as my last computer which says that Windows activation is linked to that account with a digital...
  3. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  4. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  5. lost contacts in Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost contacts in Windows live mail: Hi, I recently changed password for my Microsoft account because it asked me too. recently got 1909 Since then my live mail has asked me for a password which I cannot remember. I assume that is my Microsoft accouunt password. It has now lost my contacts. At the moment...
  6. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  7. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  8. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  9. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing: I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them. 62493
  10. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail contacts folder