Windows 10: windows live mail to flash drive

Discus and support windows live mail to flash drive in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an account that ends in @live.com and I have a flash drive with many of its emails in it. The account was recently upgraded and I don't know if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maranna, Sep 12, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

windows live mail to flash drive

I have an account that ends in @live.com and I have a flash drive with many of its emails in it. The account was recently upgraded and I don't know if that is why I cannot same emails to the stick or if I have just forgotten what I did.
    In any case is there any way I can save emails to this stick as I did before?
    This has no file upper right and never did.
    TY
    Peter

:)

maranna, Sep 12, 2016
  2. IFCL Win User

Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

Am attempting to transfer Windows Mail email folders and contacts from a Vista machine to my new W10 machine. I have exported both to a flash drive but am unable to find "Import" on Windows Live Mail - or "export" either.

A web search tells me that I should open the down arrow under the "tools" tab on Windows Live Mail, but I only get "send/receive" showing.

Your comments/solutions would be much appreciated.

Ian.

3. Import contacts from Outlook to Windows 10

I was not specific enough in my first question. The solution above is not what I am looking for. I am moving Contacts from Outlook on one computer to a new computer. I have worked out a solution and tested.

1. First export the Outlook contacts in a CSV (dos) file and save on a flash drive on the old computer.

2. On the new computer. Create or use a Microsoft account to access outlook.com. Select the apps icon at top left then select People app.

3. Insert the flash drive

4. In the right pane select Start Import, in the next window select Other to bring up a browse for CSV file.

5. Browse to the Contacts CSV file on the flash drive and then select Upload.

6. Open Mail and create the Microsoft account, once created the online People data will synch to the local People app.

For XP users. Moving the mail messages and folders from Outlook will require exporting to an Outlook Express folder. I cannot find a direct path for importing into Mail or Outlook.com. Therefore I install Windows Live Mail that will import Outlook Express
    mail. (Note that creating an IMAP account for an ISP does not transfer all emails.) I believe and have not confirmed that by importing into Live Mail that all mail and folders will be synched and then available to W10 Mail.

If there are better methods than above I would welcome the insight.

Davmax1589, Sep 12, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Hi Peter, I use WLM and have been playing with it. I can't find a way to not show File in the upper left. You should have File, Home, Folders , View and Accounts in the upper left of the window. When you open an email, do you have File and message at the top of the opened email? If you do, you can go to File > Save as file and let you select the location.

If you go to uninstall a program, select Windows Essentials and click change; you will have an option to uninstall or repair all windows live programs. You could try the repair option.

Another option (you will have to close WLM and show hidden files) then go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail That will copy all accounts, files, folders and emails to wherever you paste it. If you have to reinstall WLM, you will have to open it, to get it to create that folder, then you can close it, delete the Windows live Mail folder and paste the one you copied there. All of your files, folders and emails will be there as will all of your accounts. All you will have to do is put your password in.

essenbe, Sep 12, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    Hi essenbe
    1- when I open an email there is no file.
    2-I looked at programs and features in control panel and there is no Windows essentials.
    3- I am not good enough to do the next step.
    4- may I ask, do you have L: xxxxxxx@live.com as your email account?
    I think you might have the other mail account which is Windows Live Mail from Windows essentials I think, soon to be discontinued.
    TY
    Peter

maranna, Sep 12, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    You are correct. I mistakenly thought you were using Windows Live Mail also. My apologies.

essenbe, Sep 12, 2016
  7. maranna Win User
    No apologies necessary. I am using the windows Mail as my client and it is coming along nicely. Before it did not sync.
    I still have to figure out how to get my mail to a stick.

maranna, Sep 13, 2016
  8. maranna Win User

Hi essenbe
    I waited for you to see how things went with WLM from Windows Essentials. I am still looking for a client I can download emails from, to a zip file or desktop. I did not care for Thunderbird as it was too much for me.
    Did you determine if WLM can do this?
    TY
    Peter

maranna, Sep 16, 2016
  9. essenbe Win User
    Windows Live Mail can export and import to an empty folder on the Desktop and to a USB Flash drive. The Flash Drive has to be formatted NTFS and the folder has to be an empty folder to export the emails.

essenbe, Sep 16, 2016
  10. maranna Win User
    Thank you for that information. I will use it and hope it is not discontinued soon. I used it for years but stopped when I heard it was not going to be supported. I read your system specs - wow!
    TY
    Peter

maranna, Sep 16, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    It's supposed to be discontinued in January next year, I believe. I'll see what happens then. I've used it for a long time and am very happy with it. I may just keep using it.

My system specs is pretty much just a hobby. I like building computers, but don't do it as often as I used to. I am getting the 'fever' again though. *Smile I probably need to get rid of one or 2 I already have first.

essenbe, Sep 16, 2016
  12. maranna Win User
    I too used it forever so am sorry it is being discontinued.
    Once that urge to build gets in your blood it never leaves like most avid hobbies. With the new processors and other components the urge to upgrade is even more enticing, as long as the budget allows for it.
    I pestered you about building but became ill once again and am just about ready to finish treatment. If things work out in a month or so I will be back for a bit of help if OK with you.

maranna, Sep 16, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

That's fine with me. Any time. I'll be happy to help if I can.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows live mail to flash drive - Similar Threads - live mail flash

2. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  3. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  4. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: How can I sign in to Windows Live Mail to change the password if it won't recognize any of my usual passwords? I have no email access and over 9000 emails wailing to arrive. HELP!!!!! Greg Young...
  5. windows live mail

windows live mail: for several years I have been unable to send email from windows live mail box when I'm away from home, but service has always returned to normal when I return to my home address....this year, after returning home, I am still unable to send or reply to emails...receiving mail...
  6. Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live mail: E-Mails that I have put in folders on my windows live mail have moved back into the in box as unread. Does anyone have any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/0e4c4edf-6f0a-4976-adf6-b1aec9d0233c
  7. windows live mail

windows live mail: My OS is windows 10 and I want to uninstall Live Mail. Cannot seem to find the file/program to uninstall it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/9a16d999-6330-4377-822a-bddbf752a1db"
  8. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  9. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  10. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c