Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Starting late last week, Windows Live Mail will not open on my computer. The box with the logo appears in the middle of the screen with the "working"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CindyHorton1, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

Starting late last week, Windows Live Mail will not open on my computer. The box with the logo appears in the middle of the screen with the "working" icon spinning round and round, but the program never opens. If I click on a different program, the logo box disappears and isn't shown again, and Windows Live Mail doesn't appear in Task Manager. It's as if I never tried to run it at all. I assume this started after an automatic Windows 10 update, but I'm not certain. The computer frequently does updates without my knowledge or permission!

I've switched my email accounts over to the Windows Mail app, which ... though I don't love it ... is working fine. BUT I have numerous emails that were being stored locally in folders in Windows Live Mail. Is there a way that I can recover those emails and/or import them into Windows Mail even though Live Mail won't open?

Thank you.

:)

CindyHorton1, Dec 2, 2020

2. Recover emails from windows live mail

Hi empresa87. Welcome to TenForums @empresa87

Think you are going to have to do a two step process. One install Windows Live mail on your new installation and the export the email. Windows Live is stilling "working" but it is not supported and it recommended that you find an alternate, as you have, before it truly stops working.

You can find software here.

lost my windows live photo gallery

Of course you will have to find mail folder on old HDD. Lots of articles on location on web.

Then the exporting from Live and importing to outlook. This is an old article but should work. Make plenty of backups as you progress should you have to back up a step or two.

Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail to Outlook - HowTo-Outlook

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2020
  3. recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, Dec 2, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Hi,

To retrieve the deleted emails on your Windows Live Mail, what I can suggest is for you to try and open the Deleted folder in Windows Live Mail. Click recover deleted messages at the bottom of the message list.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

1. Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails - Similar Threads - Live Mail Open

2. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  3. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  4. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails: For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do the program just stalls and I cannot shut it down unless I use Taskmanager. Help please!...
  5. Recover emails from windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    Recover emails from windows live mail: Hello everybody, I used windows live mail for years however recently I had a problem with my HDD and windows 10 was so bad that it wouldn't start (I tested 10 different ways) So I decided to take advantage and buy an SSD and make a new clean install. Now I have both hard...
  6. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  7. Recover Windows Live email contacts

Recover Windows Live email contacts: Have lost Windows Live email contacts. I continue to receive email, however, I cannot reply or forward as my contact file is empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-windows-live-email-contacts/d4a2e331-b987-4054-b6b2-4b2502421001
  8. how to add email accounts to live mail

how to add email accounts to live mail: how to add email accounts to live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-email-accounts-to-live-mail/3f6c0045-4d14-4b4e-9fc0-f2af4ab60aef
  9. How do I recover the password on Live Mail?

How do I recover the password on Live Mail?: How do I recover the password on Live Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-the-password-on-live-mail/f2efdc4c-0adb-426f-afea-9368ba6b5b7e
  10. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...