Windows 10: Windows Live Mail will not work with 16184 Eval Update

Discus and support Windows Live Mail will not work with 16184 Eval Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just installed the 16184 Insider update. I use Windows Live Email (Windows Essentials) and like it very much. The new 16184 has killed the ability to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jm44jg39, Apr 29, 2017.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Windows Live Mail will not work with 16184 Eval Update

Just installed the 16184 Insider update. I use Windows Live Email (Windows Essentials) and like it very much. The new 16184 has killed the ability to SEND emails. I have tried re-installing from a backup usb and it won't re-install. I have run SFC /scannow and tried the "repair" and neither works to fix the problem. Live Email works fine on my Windows 7 ssd and my non-insider Creators Update ssd. I understand that MS has stopped supporting Windows Live Email but it seems that MS is killing it to force you to the new "Mail" program.
    Is here a fix for this? *Mad

:)

jm44jg39, Apr 29, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro

If win10 home doesn't activate, you could go with a fresh install of Enterprise Eval

slmgr /rearm works 2x to extend windows enterprise eval activation up to 9months total.

'Mike P, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Cannot install Media Feature Pack On Windows 10 1703 (Creators Update)

Does this also work for the new Insiders Build (16184 for exemple) ?

Pieryck AMMERICH, Apr 29, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Alas I doubt it, I clean installed the creators update & Windows Live essentials refused to install, I miss WLMail as Windows mail app is very basic.

Bastet, Apr 29, 2017
  5. jm44jg39 Win User
    I tried using Compatibility Mode Win 8 this mode allowed me to send email BUT I was unable to enter text into the Subject line.*Devil

jm44jg39, Apr 29, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes ...and no. The Windows Essentials 2012 offline installer does say it failed to install (not just in Creators, in 1607 too since the latest updates). But that's not the whole story. Each part of Essentials seems to have its own install package, and while the total package fails parts will have been installed. Movie Maker for example seems to be fully functional after an apparently 'failed' install. More on my testing here...
    Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017

7. Bastet Win User
    For me installing movie maker/photos made the pc very slow. I don't know whether something interfered with the install.

Bastet, Apr 29, 2017
  8. jm44jg39 Win User

Now am trying eM Client ver 7.0.279430.
    This Free verision is the closest to WLM that I can find. Seems to work ok and imports from my ISP mailbox pretty well. If you want to import your contacts in POP mode you need to export them to a USB in cvs file mode then clean up in Excel and import into eM Client.

jm44jg39, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail will not work with 16184 Eval Update - Similar Threads - Live Mail 16184

2. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  3. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  4. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012 not working: HP G-42 laptop, Windows 7, using Windows Live Essentials Windows Live Mail 2012 .Have not used laptop since late April, fired it up the other day, opened Live mail, kept getting time outs, left it running over night and only 1 email came in to one account, should have been...
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012 not working

Windows Live Mail 2012 not working: HP G-42 laptop, Windows 7, using Windows Live Essentials Windows Live Mail 2012 .Have not used laptop since late April, fired it up the other day, opened Live mail, kept getting time outs, left it running over night and only 1 email came in to one account, should have been...
  7. Yahoo mail not working with Windows Live

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail not working with Windows Live: Yahoo mail no longer works via Windows Live I have Yahoo mail set up elsewhere and it works. All settings via Window Live are correct Using IMAP Aware of a recent update from Microsoft that caused a bug with IMAP is some respects so is that the case here....
  8. Live mail after the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail after the update: After the last update windows live mail stopped working, I applied the fix of adding the 3 dword entries to the registry, that took care of the problem of sending and receiving mail. However it did not fix the issue of my existing mail before the update, the contents of...
  9. Live Mail update

Live Mail update: Recent update to my PC 11/2020 has caused me not to be able to send or receive any mail on my Live Mail account.I have to use my I-pad.How can I fix this please! Marilyng...
  10. Windows Live Mail no longer works after feature update

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail no longer works after feature update: Today after updating Windows with the new feature update to version 2004, WLM 2012 no longer functions properly. I could open WLM ok, but could not receive or send emails. When I tried to receive email, the infamous error ID 0x800C013E appears. When I tried to send email, a...