Windows 10: Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

Discus and support Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for almost a year with Windows Live Mail as my email client without issue until about 3 weeks ago. Now, there is an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sir George, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

I have been using Windows 10 for almost a year with Windows Live Mail as my email client without issue until about 3 weeks ago.

Now, there is an intermittent problem: I have 3 accounts linked to my WLM and when doing a send/receive randomly the program will do crazy things; some email will be removed from the "inbox" and be sent to the "deleted items" folder in the same account. The change does not happen between accounts, in other words, emails in account "x" will be moved only to a different folder in account "x" and not between accounts. This may not occur for a day or more and then suddenly it just happens.

I have checked for a virus infection using multiple AV programs and MBAM with no problems detected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Sir George, Jul 18, 2016

2. Delay in receiving message in Messanging App

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I have two e-mail addresses, one at Outlook and the other with my service provider where I received I received e-mails in Windows Live Mail (WLM).

A week ago I had a problem accessing Windows Live Mail and was told that the replacement (I'm not sure if replacement is the correct word) for Windows Live Mail was the mail application in Windows 10 (MA). I set up to receive and send e-mails for both Outlook
    and my service provider there.

When I send an e-mail from my e-mail at Outlook, it goes to both the WLM and the MA except that while it is received immediately in WLM it takes 15 minutes or more to show up in MA.

AllanMoran, Jul 18, 2016
  3. I am no longer able to cut and paste or cut and copy. I've used the keyboard cut and paste because THERE IS NO OPTION on the email itself to do. Please can you help.

IF you ONLY use WLM for emails and not for contacts or calendars, you can reconfigure it to use IMAP and it will continue to work. If you do use calendars and contact there is a good replacement for WLM

There is a great replacement for Windows live mail that is free for personal use (up to 2 accounts) that DOES work with the new outlook mail format called emclient. There is also a paid version. You can get either here

eM Client

It works with Exchange, POP, IMAP, and looks similar to Windows live mail. Frankly it is the first replacement I have seen that actually works. I have switched.

They have their own support forums, a decent product, and seem to be the only replacement for WLM that has the look and feel of it.

You can import all your windows live mail into emclient easily by doing a file>import>windows live mail. This will import your current WLM data into emclient

Out of an abundance of caution I would make a copy of the entire WLM folder and save it to a safe location.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 18, 2016
  4. Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

imap

Sir George, Jul 19, 2016
  5. Since you are running them on Imap .. No settings would be lost to Re configure them.
    First try to refresh folder list if No GO .. Just delete accounts and reConfigure them..

Word of Advice: IMAP is no good for Outlook and Live mail.. Tons of Bugs .. Microsoft is too careless about them.. Instead configure them with POP for better functionality.

manish9009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

1. Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior - Similar Threads - Live Mail WLM

2. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  3. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  4. Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior: For the past week my WiFi has been acting extremely weird. I have a Netgear router and updated it's firmware in the past week I think I didn't have these issues before then, but it's irrelevant as this doesn't happen on my phone Basically what happens is that whenever I have...
  5. Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior: For the past week my WiFi has been acting extremely weird. I have a Netgear router and updated it's firmware in the past week I think I didn't have these issues before then, but it's irrelevant as this doesn't happen on my phone Basically what happens is that whenever I have...
  6. Bizarre unexplainable WiFi behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Onedrive bizarre file behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive bizarre file behavior: I had an incident a few weeks ago where I keep all my personal documents on a computer and Onedrive syncs this to the cloud. I got an email one day that alerted me that a lot of files were deleted. I didn't delete these. The files were completely random and when I compared...
  8. Bizarre mouse/interface behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre mouse/interface behavior: This isn't happening right now, but it's happened three times in the past few days so I'm sure it will happen again soon. Occasionally, the interface and mouse will start behaving in very unusual ways that make navigation near impossible. I'm on a desktop, but I have a...
  9. New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM)

in Browsers and Email
    New Outlook.com and Windows Essentials Live Mail (WLM): 16 June was the date MS started migrating Outlook.com accounts to the sync protocol supported by all MS messaging products. POP3 and IMAP are still supported. Two of my three Outlook.com accounts have been migrated. The symptom on my machine was that I could not connect...
  10. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM: Have been using this program for months now on windows 10 32 bit, and I get an email saying that MS are making changes to Outlook servers and to patch WLM 2012 and a download link. I applied the patch and now after a few seconds of being open WLM 2012 crashes while...