Windows 10: Windows Live Mail Won't Close

Discus and support Windows Live Mail Won't Close in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've always used windows live mail as i never liked the one that comes with win 8 or 10. For some reason i can't get Windows Live Mail to close right... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by voyagerxp, Sep 26, 2015.

1. voyagerxp Win User

Windows Live Mail Won't Close

I've always used windows live mail as i never liked the one that comes with win 8 or 10. For some reason i can't get Windows Live Mail to close right in windows 10. When i click on the icon it opens fine and downloads my incoming mail but when i click close it doesn't close or takes 30 seconds+ to close. Any ideas?.

:)

voyagerxp, Sep 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 Live Mail won't load

Hi

Windows live mail on W10 simply won't load. No error message is given. The programme gets as far as showing my accounts and then simply closes again. Even the mail shortcut icon on the taskbar has 'disappeared' (though this is a graphics error as the
    placeholder is still there!) I can still use mail on my Windows phone OK.

AndrewCavaciuti, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Windows Live Issue & Thunderbird folders

I have uninstalled Live Mail and reinstalled Live Mail. When I start Live Mail I still get "Sorry, something unexpected happened & Windows Live Mail must close." If I don't click on the OK to this message, I can see current email. It's when I say OK
    to the message that Live Mail closes. Also it is not finding my folders.

AllanERick, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Windows Live Mail Won't Close

I use msn.com for my mail that comes through outlook.com all I do is click to open it read my mail then click the x to close it.
    My mail runs in the background but I don't see it.

hTconeM9user, Sep 26, 2015
  5. sptrout Win User
    Not much help other than say that I have no problem with WLM. I have it on a new computer that came with W10 already installed, plus I have a laptop that was upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and both work fine. If you have had this problem since day one with W10 then you may want to consider a reinstall of WLM, it only takes a few minutes.

sptrout, Sep 27, 2015
  6. voyagerxp Win User
    I've uninstalled WLM and reinstalled but this still happen.

voyagerxp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live Mail Won't Close

1. Windows Live Mail Won't Close - Similar Threads - Live Mail Won't

2. Windows Live Mail won't send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail won't send: I have two 2 clients or separate e-mail addresses running on Windows Live Mail 2011. The computer is running Windows 2010. I have used this application forever and have never had issues sending or receiving e-mail to either client. Recently, one 1 client stopped sending....
  3. Windows Live Mail won't display messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail won't display messages: When I go to my inbox, all the messages are there, but I can't see the body of them. This message is all that shows up: Message could not be displayed Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low...
  4. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  5. Why won't windows live mail open this

in Browsers and Email
    Why won't windows live mail open this: [img] Any mail I get with the html file windows live mail won't display in my mail anymore. It used to but after the update, not the last one the one before that it won't open. I thought when the new update 1903 it would work but no it still doesn't open it I have to click...
  6. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  7. windows live mail won't receive hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail won't receive hotmail: After the latest windows 10 update my windows live mail stopped receiving hotmail. it does receive gmail and other accounts. I installed the december windows essentials update last week and it started receiving hotmail again. But it has stopped again. I can receive hotmail...
  8. Windows Live Mail opens but won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail opens but won't load: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 today. It took HOURS! I was assured that I would be able to use my Windows Live Mail but I can't. The program itself opens but there is nothing loaded in it. I went to C drive/Users/Name/App Data/Local/Microsoft/Windows Live Mail...
  9. Windows Live Mail restarts after closing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail restarts after closing: My wife and I have accounts on our desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. When my wife closes her Windows Live Mail client it reopens again within seconds. If she then closes it again it stays closed. When I close Windows Live Mail I do not have this problem. I have...
  10. Windows Live Mail won't install

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail won't install: I get a Windows Live mail failed to install code 08007643. It says some other program is keeping it from installing, but it doesn't tell me which one. I have turned off antivirus and firewall. I have also "Run as administrator" and logged in as administrator and same thing....