Windows 10: Windows Live Mail won't install

Discus and support Windows Live Mail won't install in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I get a Windows Live mail failed to install code 08007643. It says some other program is keeping it from installing, but it doesn't tell me which one.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Clint, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Clint Win User

Windows Live Mail won't install

I get a Windows Live mail failed to install code 08007643. It says some other program is keeping it from installing, but it doesn't tell me which one. I have turned off antivirus and firewall. I have also "Run as administrator" and logged in as administrator and same thing. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Clint, Apr 25, 2016
  2. geekdom Win User

Windows live mail 2011 wont open and I allowed remote access by LogMeIn Rescue

The installation program won't open or Windows Live Mail won't open?

If Windows Essentials 2012 is installed, it will show in Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features as:

Windows Essentials 2012

Windows Live Mail will not show as an installed program in your programs.

Is Windows Essentials 2012 shown as an installed program?

Is there an associated error message with whatever doesn't open?

geekdom, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Window Phone

I just got a Windows Phone. I installed the Metro Mail with my email, the live tile won't turn on.

Lindsey Wood, Apr 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

WLM comes as part of a package in Windows Essentials.
    If it is your first time trying to install Windows Essentials, you will be asked to install a Netframework 3.5 first.
    If you decline to do that, you won't get to install Windows Essentials.

Were you using this link to install Windows Essentials ?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Clint Win User
    I know it comes as a package. I have installed it before many times. I did download it from the link you posted. I have Netframework ver,s 1,1.1,2,3,3.5 and 4. I downloaded Ver.3.5 again just to see if that made a difference.

Clint, Apr 26, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Clint,
    just installed WLM on the latest preview - without issue..

so is would have to be another program preventing the installation...

Which one, would be a guess, as I have not seen any prior report..

7. davidhk Win User
    You need to have WINDOWS firewall turned on in order to install Windows Essentials.

davidhk, Apr 26, 2016
  8. Clint Win User

I have turned Windows Firewall and Defender back on. It still won't install. After trying everything else that I can think of, I did a repair install of Win 10. Still won't go.

Clint, Apr 26, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    You are not out of disk space, are you ?

davidhk, Apr 26, 2016
  10. Clint Win User
    I have 176 GB free of 250 GB SSD. That should be enough.

Clint, Apr 26, 2016
  11. snoopy51 Win User
    This happened to me last week when I was helping out with a Windows Live Mail problem.
    I tried to install the WLM 2012 from my old download. It failed with the same error 08007643.
    The message indicated another problem was preventing me to install WLM. So I shutdown and downloaded from the current Windows Essential web page:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials
    It installed fine!
    Afterward I discovered that it was documented in:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/974061

I never gave any thought about this until this post!

snoopy51, Apr 26, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    I gave Clint the most current download link.

Clint has other bug(s) preventing him from installing WLM.

davidhk, Apr 26, 2016
  13. Clint Win User

Thanks for the document link. I did uninstall WLM first though.

Clint, Apr 27, 2016
    • Download Malwarebytes (download direct link)
      Change detect option to include Rootkits
      see: https://www.malwarebytes.org/support.../Settings.html
      see: https://www.malwarebytes.org/support...tectionOptions
      Run a full scan

• Uninstall Windows Essentials

• In File Explorer, search your machine for
      Windows Live kind:=Folder
      Rename the Windows Live Folders (including Windows Live Mail) to
      x-Windows Live
      x-Windows Live Mail

• Download Piriform cCleaner (direct download)
      Run cCleaner registry pick
      sort the result by the data column
      select ONLY entries associated with Net 1.x and associated with Windows Live (including Mail)
      Answer YES to backup entries before fixing (remember where you save the cc######.reg file
      Fix the errors.
      If you're not sure, post a screen shot of what cCleaner finds before maing any changes.

• Restart your machine

• Download the Windows Essentials offline installer package from here:
      How do I install Windows Essentials while offline?

Near the bottom of that page;
      expand the > Essentials installer files for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2008 section
      Choose the WLM download for your language

• When the download completes,
      Run wlsetup-all.exe
      Select ONLY Mail for now
      - most of the other Apps in the Essential family have been depreciated and replaced by Universal Apps

Slartybart, Apr 27, 2016
  14. Clint Win User
    Finally got WLM installed. After uninstalling Windows Essentials, there was still a lot of references to Windows Live. I went in the registry and deleted all references to Windows Live. Also all the folders that had Windows Live. After a reboot, it installed fine. Now I have no more bug(s).
    Thanks to all that replied.

Clint, Apr 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail won't install - Similar Threads - Live Mail won't

2. Windows Live Mail won't send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail won't send: I have two 2 clients or separate e-mail addresses running on Windows Live Mail 2011. The computer is running Windows 2010. I have used this application forever and have never had issues sending or receiving e-mail to either client. Recently, one 1 client stopped sending....
  3. Windows Live Mail won't display messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail won't display messages: When I go to my inbox, all the messages are there, but I can't see the body of them. This message is all that shows up: Message could not be displayed Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low...
  4. Installing Google 3 on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Google 3 on Windows Live Mail: I am trying to install Google 3 on my Windows Live Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-google-3-on-windows-live-mail/df939918-9f9a-4d24-b989-5fb4de23b6fc
  5. Why won't windows live mail open this

in Browsers and Email
    Why won't windows live mail open this: [img] Any mail I get with the html file windows live mail won't display in my mail anymore. It used to but after the update, not the last one the one before that it won't open. I thought when the new update 1903 it would work but no it still doesn't open it I have to click...
  6. Mail won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail won't install: Microsoft mail and calendar stopped working, I uninstalled and now cannot REINSTALL APP ON SURFACE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-wont-install/f71fab9a-2f55-44a7-91e9-554328685bd7
  7. windows live mail won't receive hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail won't receive hotmail: After the latest windows 10 update my windows live mail stopped receiving hotmail. it does receive gmail and other accounts. I installed the december windows essentials update last week and it started receiving hotmail again. But it has stopped again. I can receive hotmail...
  8. Windows Live Mail opens but won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail opens but won't load: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 today. It took HOURS! I was assured that I would be able to use my Windows Live Mail but I can't. The program itself opens but there is nothing loaded in it. I went to C drive/Users/Name/App Data/Local/Microsoft/Windows Live Mail...
  9. Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop: Hello all Here we go again - Win 10 Nooby Q's - Now... not sure if I'm wording this correctly, my Desktop has Win 7 OS and my Laptop Win 10 - - Win 7 I do like, Win 10 I'm on a leaning curve. The one thing I do like about Win 7 is Windows Live Mail and uses PoP3 Client (...
  10. Windows Live Mail Won't Close

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Won't Close: I've always used windows live mail as i never liked the one that comes with win 8 or 10. For some reason i can't get Windows Live Mail to close right in windows 10. When i click on the icon it opens fine and downloads my incoming mail but when i click close it doesn't close...