Windows 10: Windows Live Mail won't send or receive after a recent upgrade. Not a Pop3 issue. Any help?

Discus and support Windows Live Mail won't send or receive after a recent upgrade. Not a Pop3 issue. Any help? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unable to send or receive messages for the wholedamarea amaizen account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.natcotech.com' Windows Live Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChuckMaize, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Windows Live Mail won't send or receive after a recent upgrade. Not a Pop3 issue. Any help?

Unable to send or receive messages for the wholedamarea amaizen account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop.natcotech.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 995
    SecureSSL: Yes

:)

ChuckMaize, Dec 12, 2020

2. Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

Since the last automatic update of my Windows 10, my Windows Live Mail no longer works. I get this error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'mail.comcast.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E
    Port: 995
    Secure(SSL): Yes

I am running Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19401.450).

Any help much appreciated!

scooter60624, Dec 12, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Windows Live Mail won't send or receive after a recent upgrade. Not a Pop3 issue. Any help?

Windows Live Mail will no longer send or receive emails

OK, thanks! I was able to find the folders now and followed your directions. But now I am afraid I have run into another curious issue. Live Mail no longer accepts my password. I know the password I am using is correct because I can log on to my comcast webmail with this password. But Live Mail keeps refusing the password and wont let me connect to the mail server. Here is the error message I am getting:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast account. An incorrect email user name was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
    Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Plaintext authentication disallowed on non-secure (SSL/TLS) connections.
    Server: 'mail.comcast.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC91
    Port: 110
    Secure(SSL): No

But the same user name and password that work to get into comcast webmail are not working in Live Mail. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again!

scooter60624, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live Mail won't send or receive after a recent upgrade. Not a Pop3 issue. Any help?

1. Windows Live Mail won't send or receive after a recent upgrade. Not a Pop3 issue. Any help? - Similar Threads - Live Mail won't

2. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  3. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  5. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  6. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail sending/received failure: Hi,Unable to send or receive messages for the Express sagar account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'mail.express.com' Windows Live Mail Error...
  8. windows live mail sending/received failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail sending/received failure: Hi,Unable to send or receive messages for the Express sagar account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'mail.express.com' Windows Live Mail Error...
  9. Windows Live Mail won't send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail won't send: I have two 2 clients or separate e-mail addresses running on Windows Live Mail 2011. The computer is running Windows 2010. I have used this application forever and have never had issues sending or receiving e-mail to either client. Recently, one 1 client stopped sending....
  10. windows live mail is not able to receive or send mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail is not able to receive or send mail: When I activate windows live mail, it is stuck at "Authorising" and eventually times out, and is not able to send or receive mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-is-not-able-to-receive-or-send/cbaee829-42f0-4b8f-b7e3-da3df4c1cf62