Windows 10: Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Windows Live Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows 10 45892 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Homer345, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Homer345 Win User

Windows Live Mail

I have lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows 10

:)

Homer345, Mar 31, 2016

2. Email (Mail) on Windows 10?

Windows Live Mail does not look like the Mail App and it shouldn't. You said the new Windows Live Mail doesn't look like the current Windows Live Mail which confused me since it isn't Windows Live Mail.

What is the issue with the Windows Live Mail that you just installed?

Bruce Hagen, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Switch from Windows 10 mail to windows live mail

I have been using Windows Live Mail but gave Windows 10 mail a try and do not like it. Now I need to change back to Windows Live Mail. Every time I open Windows Live Mail it closes with "Windows Live Mail Has Stopped Working".

Is this because W10 mail is designated as my mail program?

All I want to do is turn off W10 mail and use Live mail which I have already installed.

Thanks

beauchamp43, Mar 31, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Live Mail

Suggestion only :

Go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows essentials (2011 or 2012 ) > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

See if Repair can fix it.

Adding.................... I can show you how to locate the Contacts.edb from your C: drive. But, I do not know how to open it or how to import it back to WLM.

step #1.
    File Explorer options > View tab > un-check " Hide protected operating system files " > Apply/OK

step #2.
    C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts\default\DBStore\Contacts.edb

davidhk, Mar 31, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    adding to my post #2.

There are articles on how to restore/import contacts.edb to windows live mail.
    They can be found in the web.
    Since I have never done that, and therefore cannot confirm that it works, I prefer not to post them.
    You will have to google for yourself.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live Mail

1. Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Live Mail

2. Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail.: How do I get my emails to show up faster on Windows live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/40f758d1-7ecf-46d0-a14b-2915df472ba2
  3. windows live mail

in Cortana
    windows live mail: Is it safe to download windows livemail for use in windows10 and where should I download it from ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/d0ebf0ef-014d-4a90-8c84-b515476efcee
  4. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  5. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909

Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 v1909: I have been using Windows Live Mail since about 2012, first on Windows 7, and then when I bought a Windows 10 laptop about a year ago it ran fine here too. More recently I had a hard drive problem and had to have Windows 10 reinstalled from scratch. However, Windows Live Mail...
  6. W10 Windows live mail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Windows live mail.: Hi All…..How do I save an email from Win live mail to a document folder? It was easy in W7 but seems impossible to do now - just says ‘wrong type of file ‘ when I attempt. …so am unable to save it. Anyone help pls. thks from a very very unhappy W10 user!!!...
  7. Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows live mail: Live mail will get messages and read them but will not send after allowing a windows 10 update. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/335ad72a-1b28-4ea3-b638-89afa8839f68
  8. Windows Live Mail feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail feature on Windows 10: I have been using "Windows Live Mail" specifically for receipt of business emails on Windows 7 for years. This feature or product keeps my business emails out of my personal Outlook mailbox. If I upgrade to Windows 10, will this feature or product be compatible and...
  9. How to activate Windows Live Mail on a new computer?

How to activate Windows Live Mail on a new computer?: Just got a new computer. On the old computer we had Windows Live Mail for our email. I can't seem to make it work on our new computer.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-live-mail-on-a-new/a983ccc8-703d-4144-8dfa-cef572a3c75b
  10. Error message in Windows Live Mail Exports - Imports I am still receiving and I have...

Error message in Windows Live Mail Exports - Imports I am still receiving and I have...: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test' Server: 'outbound.att.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 465 SecureSSL:...