Windows 10: Windows Live password not changing on Localhost

Discus and support Windows Live password not changing on Localhost in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm unable to remotely access my second computer either via Remote Desktop or through File Explorer (Network). I can see and ping the second computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Evilpickle, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Windows Live password not changing on Localhost

I'm unable to remotely access my second computer either via Remote Desktop or through File Explorer (Network). I can see and ping the second computer on my network. It just keeps telling me that my login or password is incorrect. I know the login is correct as it's showing my Microsoft account with my account photo. I have changed my account password a couple of times now and I can login to everything else with my Microsoft account password. I just can't log into computer #2 from computer #1.. I can go from #2 to #1, just not the other way.

I have looked at everything I could to try and verify what the localhost account password is, but I can't find it anywhere.

Wasn't sure what topic this falls under as I have no idea what the issue is.

**Edit** Forgot to mention.. I created a second Admin account with a password and was able to Remote Desktop into my second computer. So I know its not a setting on my computers, it has something to do with my Microsoft Account password.

:)

Evilpickle, Oct 21, 2019

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Change windows live password in Nokia lumina 510

Hi BrendaAndersonOX,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft Answers forums! Ordinarily, you will be able to change the password for your Microsoft Account on the phone by tapping Settings > Email + Accounts, then tapping the account and filling in the Password field with the
    updated password. Are you prevented from typing in the new password on this screen? For example, is anything greyed out on your account settings page?

If you are able to enter the new password, but it is not accepted, there may be a chance Two Step Authentication has been enabled on your account. In this case, please check to see if Two Step Verification has been enabled on your Microsoft Account with
    the following steps:

Under Two-step verification, check if you are prompted to turn on or turn off two-step verification. If you see that it is enabled, click on Create a new app password under App passwords and use this as the new password for the Live ID on your phone.

If Two Step Verification has not been enabled, please enable it and then disable (or leave it enabled if you prefer). Next, try manually syncing your Live ID on the phone or download a new app. I hope this is helpful for your situation, please let us
    know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Oct 21, 2019
  4. Windows Live password not changing on Localhost

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Live password not changing on Localhost

1. Windows Live password not changing on Localhost - Similar Threads - Live password changing

2. Computer won't recognize password ms live change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't recognize password ms live change: I have gone through password recovery on my personal windows machine 18 times, but my computer won't recognize my new password and I cannot get the files on my personal computer....
  3. Computer won't recognize password ms live change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't recognize password ms live change: I have gone through password recovery on my personal windows machine 18 times, but my computer won't recognize my new password and I cannot get the files on my personal computer....
  4. localhost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  5. localhost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    localhost: In my internet statistics appear several localhost conections that i can not explain. How can i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/adfacb60-c768-448b-b482-217ff884723a
  6. localhost

in Windows 10 Customization
    localhost: Hello I am using xampp to set up my own web server. My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid. Anyway if any one knows what is happening here and has any suggestions would be appreciated[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Live password change not allowing windows 10 login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Live password change not allowing windows 10 login: Hello, I am reaching out to you due to an issue with a family friend's computer. They had allowed somebody access to their computer and they had changed the password upon time of being remoted in. They had changed the account password. Well due to this the friends were unable...
  8. localhost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac
  9. Windows live login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows live login password: After an update my computer would not recognize my password. After 3 days of trying different things I decided to try by email password. It worked! Don't know why but it did. After it opened, I closed computer and restarted it. This time I could switch the option and did...
  10. Change password now for Windows Live, PSN, and 2K Gaming

in Windows 10 News
    Change password now for Windows Live, PSN, and 2K Gaming: Hacker group, DerpTrolling, has recently finished what they are calling a “glorious raid across the high seas of the internet”. This time around, the infamous group of online bandits have hacked a number of 2K Gaming Studio, Windows Live email, and PlayStation network user...