Windows 10: Windows Live Photo gallery - People tagging

Discus and support Windows Live Photo gallery - People tagging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've used WLPG over the years and it has been wonderful for photos of my ancestors - I've over the years tagged every photo with people tagging so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doctor_Keo, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Windows Live Photo gallery - People tagging

Hi,

I've used WLPG over the years and it has been wonderful for photos of my ancestors - I've over the years tagged every photo with people tagging so I know 'who is who' in old wedding photos etc. WLPG isn't compatible with W10 - what program replaces that with People tagging - without that I've no record of who the people are in the old photos.

Doc

:)

Doctor_Keo, Jun 29, 2020
  2. RTurnock Win User

Maintain Photo Gallery tagging

From what I read the support for Windows (Live) Photo Gallery is fading but that Photos, as far I read and checked, doesn't maintain the tags.

I have 20k+ photos with all the people tagged. If I lose access to Photo Gallery is all the hundreds of hours of work lost?

As you can imagine this is a major issue and I'd be grateful for any insights.

Richard

RTurnock, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Start
    All Apps
    Photo Gallery and open it
    Along the top
    You can see people tagged
    Batch People Tagged
    Descriptive Tag
    Click on that one
    Up will come
    Tag an item
    Manage Tag
    Unused Tag
    Hope that is something you are looking for

hTconeM9user, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows Live Photo gallery - People tagging

Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery is Windows Live Photo Gallery, I think MS is just trying to lose the 'Live' moniker.

Edwin, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live Photo gallery - People tagging

1. Windows Live Photo gallery - People tagging - Similar Threads - Live Photo gallery

2. Photo Gallery Live tags vs Photos app albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Gallery Live tags vs Photos app albums: I'm a longtime user of Photo Gallery Live, trying every once in a while to switch to the Win10 Photos app. The current hold-up for me, unless I am missing something, is that album info is not saved in the photo file like tags in Photo Gallery Live were. I'll explain. In...
  3. Getting Windows 10 Photos to recognise tagging people, places from Windows Live Photo Gallery

Getting Windows 10 Photos to recognise tagging people, places from Windows Live Photo Gallery: Hello, How do I get Windows 10 Photos to recognise tagging people, places from Windows Live Photo Gallery? I have just over 50k photos, tagged, dated and some with comments etc. How do I see this work come through in Windows 10? If Windows 10 Photos cant, then is there...
  4. Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Photo Gallery: How do I delete multiple pictures in one go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-photo-gallery/c42f91bf-f7c8-42d6-a97d-5c5f2dcf0a9d
  5. Windows Live Photo Gallery

Windows Live Photo Gallery: Does anyone know if there is a SAFE way to delete photos from live photo gallery that are duplicates other than selecting them 1 at a time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-photo-gallery/cb3d64ff-698c-408c-8d43-40610e4c4b61
  6. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I note most of the comments around this topic do not give a resolution - they are around 12 months old - has Windows not yet addressed this? Still can't tag people faces by name and search for just pictures with them in it?...
  7. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...
  8. Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Photo Gallery: I cannot find Live Photo Gallery. I understand it is no longer available. Do I have other options for photo fuse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-photo-gallery/0aff1cc1-f85d-44ae-bd0d-8caa46b6d488
  9. Photos Live Gallery

Photos Live Gallery: I know Microsoft stopped supporting Windows Live Photo Gallery, but - like a lot of people - I really liked it and was using it until I did a Windows 10 Refresh (re-installed automatically). It then disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere to re-install. Can anyone help? I...
  10. Maintain Photo Gallery tagging

Maintain Photo Gallery tagging: From what I read the support for Windows (Live) Photo Gallery is fading but that Photos, as far I read and checked, doesn't maintain the tags. I have 20k+ photos with all the people tagged. If I lose access to Photo Gallery is all the hundreds of hours of work lost? As...