Windows 10: Windows live photos

Discus and support Windows live photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to have Windows Live Photos and I loved it. Then stopped working so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. I says it won't install. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NancyNixon, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows live photos

I used to have Windows Live Photos and I loved it. Then stopped working so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it.

I says it won't install. I am not too computer behind the scenes savvy. Is there a way to reinstall it or is there a better

photo program out there to use?

:)

NancyNixon, Jan 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Closing Down Windows Live and Zune Brands

Microsoft is reportedly killing off two of its service brands, Windows Live and Zune. The two will be restructured and amalgamated with Windows 8 and its store. Windows Live has been a collection of optional services bound to the MSN/Live ID for Windows 7 that provides communication (Windows Live Messenger), calendar/planner (Windows Live Calendar), contacts, photo-organizer; Zune Music and Video player join them on the chopping block. These services will be instead come to be known as:
    • Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID)
    • Mail (Windows Live Mail)
    • Calendar (Windows Live Calendar)
    • People (Windows Live Contacts)
    • Photos (Windows Live Photo Gallery)
    • Music (Zune Music Player)
    • Video (Zune Video Player)

Windows live photos 194a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jan 14, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Did you get your Windows (Live) Photo Gallery by installing Windows (Live) Essentials ?
    *** Microsoft has long since removed the word "Live" from the program.
    If yes, go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

See if Repair will fix the "crash" issue.

davidhk, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Kitist02 Win User

Windows live photos

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

I used your beautiful tutorial to find and import Windows Photo Viewer, and it shows up when I list the apps, but it isn't available to use. Any further suggestions?

What I really want is to load Windows Live photo Gallery which is what I used in Win7, but I can't even find it at Microsoft's site.

Kitist02, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows live photos

1. Windows live photos - Similar Threads - live photos

2. Photo transfer stops at "Live" photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo transfer stops at "Live" photo: Transferring of photos stops at a "Live" photo when using Photos to transfer pictures to Win10 from Iphone 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-transfer-stops-at-live-photo/26618eab-cdfd-4eac-8409-0c41301cae5c
  3. Editing Photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Editing Photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery: When editing photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery, how can you save an edit after zooming in on the subject. I ask this because I zoomed in on a photo subject but I could not figure out how to save the photo as zoomed. Am I missing something, or is this not possible to do?...
  4. You can now upload your iOS Live Photos as GIFs on Twitter

in Windows 10 News
    You can now upload your iOS Live Photos as GIFs on Twitter: Give the gift of GIFs. You can now upload your iOS Live Photos as GIFs anywhere you upload photos on Twitter. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter 146264
  5. Has anyone been successful in installing WIndows Live Photo Gallery (and in particular)...

Has anyone been successful in installing WIndows Live Photo Gallery (and in particular)...: Moving the Windows Live Common Files and Program Files from the Program Files and Program x86 Files areas in Windows 7 to corresponding areas in Windows 10 appears to be insufficient in successfully porting Windows Live to Windows 10. The Windows Live Installer program says...
  6. change photo on windows live mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    change photo on windows live mail account: Hi all, I have tried several times to change the photo that appears to anybody when I send an email to them. I have windows 10 and windows live mail 2012 version. If anyone can help me to change photo it would be great. Thanks....
  7. Live photo gallery won't plat GIFS

Live photo gallery won't plat GIFS: My windows live photo gallery will open a GIF but the file won't "run" or "play". Why? Can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-photo-gallery-wont-plat-gifs/0cef53bc-46a9-4392-a6db-99310c22d4ba
  8. How do you restart the live tile for the photos file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you restart the live tile for the photos file?: How do you restart the live tile for the photos file? My live tile won't work anymore. I remember seeing a fix in here for that a few years ago....
  9. Windows live photo gallery - screen not repainting after updating

Windows live photo gallery - screen not repainting after updating: I have been using Windows (live) photo gallery (WLPG) for many years, even though it has long been unsupported. I've not found another tool that is as easy to use to caption and tag photos. Just recently (I suspect after a windows update) it has developed an annoying feature...
  10. How to change the Photo Live Tile images in Windows 10 desktop?

How to change the Photo Live Tile images in Windows 10 desktop?: My question is the similar to what is discussed here, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-so-you-change-the-rotating-photo-tile-images/9f98433c-7116-4eb4-8b8e-47e1a712c7e6 For me, the same five photos scroll in Photos Live Tile. Doing a search, I...