Windows 10: Windows live photos

Discus and support Windows live photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to have Windows Live Photos and I loved it. Then stopped working so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. I says it won't install. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NancyNixon, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows live photos

I used to have Windows Live Photos and I loved it. Then stopped working so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it.

I says it won't install. I am not too computer behind the scenes savvy. Is there a way to reinstall it or is there a better

photo program out there to use?

:)

NancyNixon, Jan 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Closing Down Windows Live and Zune Brands

Microsoft is reportedly killing off two of its service brands, Windows Live and Zune. The two will be restructured and amalgamated with Windows 8 and its store. Windows Live has been a collection of optional services bound to the MSN/Live ID for Windows 7 that provides communication (Windows Live Messenger), calendar/planner (Windows Live Calendar), contacts, photo-organizer; Zune Music and Video player join them on the chopping block. These services will be instead come to be known as:
    • Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID)
    • Mail (Windows Live Mail)
    • Calendar (Windows Live Calendar)
    • People (Windows Live Contacts)
    • Photos (Windows Live Photo Gallery)
    • Music (Zune Music Player)
    • Video (Zune Video Player)

Windows live photos 194a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jan 14, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Alternative to Windows Live Photo Gallery

Did you get your Windows (Live) Photo Gallery by installing Windows (Live) Essentials ?
    *** Microsoft has long since removed the word "Live" from the program.
    If yes, go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair.

See if Repair will fix the "crash" issue.

davidhk, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Kitist02 Win User

Windows live photos

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

I used your beautiful tutorial to find and import Windows Photo Viewer, and it shows up when I list the apps, but it isn't available to use. Any further suggestions?

What I really want is to load Windows Live photo Gallery which is what I used in Win7, but I can't even find it at Microsoft's site.

Kitist02, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows live photos

1. Windows live photos - Similar Threads - live photos

2. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  3. desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop photos will not go on in live tile mode: desktop photo app will not give me a live tile PS its in the on position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-photos-will-not-go-on-in-live-tile-mode/2b9f6df0-37fc-4127-a391-3e7f616b8e7f
  4. Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311: I have just installed this on a Windows 11 laptop and it works fine until the app is closed. When it's reopened, added folder locations have been lost, which results in the thumbnail and face recognition files being recreated which takes hours with 40k photos. If there isn't...
  5. Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311

Windows Live Photo Gallery build 16.4.3528.311: I have just installed this on a Windows 11 laptop and it works fine until the app is closed. When it's reopened, added folder locations have been lost, which results in the thumbnail and face recognition files being recreated which takes hours with 40k photos. If there isn't...
  6. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  7. Photo App live tile no longer working

Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  8. I want to use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my new computer that is using Windows 11--the...

I want to use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my new computer that is using Windows 11--the...: I have been using Windows Live Photo Gallery on my older computer that is using Windows 11. Why can't I get it to work on my new computer that has Windows 11??? I made a direct transfer of all programs, files and folders from the old computer to the new one. I realize some...
  9. I want to use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my new computer that is using Windows 11--the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my new computer that is using Windows 11--the...: I have been using Windows Live Photo Gallery on my older computer that is using Windows 11. Why can't I get it to work on my new computer that has Windows 11??? I made a direct transfer of all programs, files and folders from the old computer to the new one. I realize some...
  10. Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo...: Why does Microsoft insist on replacing popular, intuitive software like Windows Live Photo Gallery with software that, while maybe more powerful, is intuitive only to people lacking common sense, but who want to protect their jobs by making Microsoft help necessary for people...