Windows 10: Windows Loading Error 0x8007139f in Bitlock Recovery in Dual Boot Laptop

Discus and support Windows Loading Error 0x8007139f in Bitlock Recovery in Dual Boot Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After dual booting my laptop with Windows 10 and Ubuntu, Windows asking for recovery key every time on start. To get rid of this, I searched solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnuragGoel40, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows Loading Error 0x8007139f in Bitlock Recovery in Dual Boot Laptop

After dual booting my laptop with Windows 10 and Ubuntu, Windows asking for recovery key every time on start. To get rid of this, I searched solution for this and found the link: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9570-BitLocker-asks-for-recovery-key-after-dual-boot/td-p/6240947 I followed and deleted TPM protector. On adding, it give an error, two protectors of same type can't be added. After that when I restart windows, it is showing Entering Bitlock recovery and then display 0x8007139f error code. Please help.

:)

AnuragGoel40, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with ubuntu

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that Windows 10 Home does not have a Bitlocker feature, however it can be embedded by manufacturer of the device. You can read more about it in the article:
    BitLocker drive encryption in Windows 10 for OEMs. As you mentioned
    that you are using dual boot, I would like to inform you that UEFI Secure Boot may have been toggled with a BIOS update. These generic instructions should allow you to locate the UEFI Secure Boot setting in most BIOS.

• Power the device off and then back on.
    • Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the “F1”,”F2”, or ”Delete” button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter BIOS Settings.
    • Inside BIOS, look for a tab called BOOT and select that page.
      • Depending on the BIOS manufacturer this page could be BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP, etc.
    • Look for a setting for UEFI Secure Boot.
      • Each BIOS could have a different name for this. These are the keywords to look for: UEFI, Secure Boot, Legacy Boot
    • Please enable Secure boot

You can also follow the instructions provided by Dell in the article:
    BitLocker
    Asks for a Recovery Key Every Boot on USB-C / Thunderbolt Systems When Docked or Undocked
    . If you need any further information on this, please get in touch with the manufacturer of the device.

Hope it helps,

Naresh_K, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Home asks for Bitlocker recovery key prompt on every boot after dual boot with ubuntu

Hello, I have recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 using a flash drive USB on my Dell Inspiron 3567 in dual boot with Windows 10 Home single language that was already installed in my laptop since I bought it. I am using Windows 10 October update. After booting
    the laptop with windows, it shows Bitlocker recovery key prompt and it shows it every time I restart my laptop. I don't want to enter that 48 character long key again and again. There is no Bitlocker settings option when right clicking on 'C' drive in "This
    PC" and in control panel also. I want to disable this BitLocker recovery key prompt; its so annoying. Please help !

PriyankushGhosh, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows Loading Error 0x8007139f in Bitlock Recovery in Dual Boot Laptop

Bitlocker Recovery Key.

I have A Windows 10 Pro Laptop Computer That Is Dual Booted With Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1. Whenever I Installed The Windows 7 Ultimate And Logged On To My Windows 10 Pro Boot It Said Enter Bitlocker Code as Usual. So I Entered The Code
    And It Said Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key. and Gave Me Some Troubleshooting Options, So After Logging Onto My Windows 10 Mobile Phone I Was Able To Get 2 Different Bitlocker Recovery Keys But Both Were Incorrect. How Do I Find The Right Bitlocker Recovery Key?

LukeRogers.{Derkaisenblundt-12-08-79-1201-00-0101}, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Loading Error 0x8007139f in Bitlock Recovery in Dual Boot Laptop

1. Windows Loading Error 0x8007139f in Bitlock Recovery in Dual Boot Laptop - Similar Threads - Loading Error 0x8007139f

2. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  3. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  4. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot: Recently I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu and now while starting windows it asks me for recovery key. The problem is I don't have them uploded on Microsoft account. I tried all methods from internet and don't know the other ways to get my recovery key.Kindly help to...
  6. BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot: Recently I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu and now while starting windows it asks me for recovery key. The problem is I don't have them uploded on Microsoft account. I tried all methods from internet and don't know the other ways to get my recovery key.Kindly help to...
  7. Windows dual boot recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dual boot recovery: After formatting the disk which had ubuntu from the dual boot which I did before When switching on my hp laptop the screen shows: "Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word,TAB lists pissible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device...
  8. Dual-boot with Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual-boot with Bitlocker?: I have a ThinkPad T60 with Windows XP and Windows 10 dual-booted on it, using the regular Windows 10 boot manager. If I try to encrypt the drive will it mess my installations up? Will it encrypt both the XP and 10 partitions or just the 10 partition? submitted by...
  9. Windows Defender error 0x8007139f

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender error 0x8007139f: Hi Everyone: I got the message that Defender was off so I went to settings and got the message "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation. Error code: 0x8007139f" No tabs or anything respond when I click on them. I can't turn it...
  10. Unlocking laptop with error 0x8007139f

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlocking laptop with error 0x8007139f: After a crash my laptop doesn't recognize my pin and without unlocking I can't open a browser to reset the pin Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlocking-laptop-with-error-0x8007139f/d2e626dc-0039-4191-ad25-42d5a7f23ad2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x8007139f boot

2. bitlocker 0x8007139f