Windows 10: Windows Local Account password recovery?

Discus and support Windows Local Account password recovery? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently my PC wouldn't boot, and I tried to use the recovery options. I was required to sign in to my account, but my Microsoft account password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimh123456789, May 21, 2021.

1. Windows Local Account password recovery?

Recently my PC wouldn't boot, and I tried to use the recovery options. I was required to sign in to my account, but my Microsoft account password wasn't accepted. I think this means I was being asked to sign in with a local account, which I haven't used in years, and apparently that password is different, a

:)

jimh123456789, May 21, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 21, 2021
  3. Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Recovery options in Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 21, 2021
  4. Windows Local Account password recovery?

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Local Account password recovery?

1. Windows Local Account password recovery? - Similar Threads - Local Account password

2. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  3. Local user account password reset while in recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account password reset while in recovery: After a Windows restore to troubleshoot some audio driver issues, my windows 10 will not boot. I'm trying to do reset options, however it requires a password. I'm fairly certain it's asking for the local account, which I haven't used in years because I've been logging in with...
  4. Local account password / recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  5. Local account password / recovery mode

Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  6. Local account password / recovery mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost: I am using Windows 10 build 19044 and I had set up a local account in late 2020 with a windows hello PIN number and also a password 2 methods. I remember the pin code so can still access the computer. today I tried to change to a Microsoft account only to realize that i don't...
  8. local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost: I am using Windows 10 build 19044 and I had set up a local account in late 2020 with a windows hello PIN number and also a password 2 methods. I remember the pin code so can still access the computer. today I tried to change to a Microsoft account only to realize that i don't...
  9. local account password forgotten and password recovery drive lost

10. Password Recovery for Local Windows 10 Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Recovery for Local Windows 10 Account: So I've seem to forgotten my password for my account on my PC, I had it written down yet for some reason whatever I have written doesn't work. I can still login because I have a PIN set as well as Windows Hello but I want to change my password and I can't do it without...