Windows 10: windows local account removed from sign in options/netplwiz, but still in files.

Discus and support windows local account removed from sign in options/netplwiz, but still in files. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a secondary account on my PC called jonst, and it has always been a sign in option. just recently, I swapped the GPU on the pc, and then... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ari___, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Ari___ Win User

windows local account removed from sign in options/netplwiz, but still in files.

I have a secondary account on my PC called jonst, and it has always been a sign in option. just recently, I swapped the GPU on the pc, and then switched back. now, there is no option to sign into jonst on the lock screen, it doesn't show up under family/other accounts, netplwiz, or really any other location than C:/Users/jonst. I tried creating another account with the same email, but it says there is already an account with that email. has anyone had this issue before / know how to fix it? I need that account signed in to be able to use GamePass.

:)

Ari___, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, windows local account removed from sign in options/netplwiz, but still in files. :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 20, 2020
  4. SMc555 Win User

windows local account removed from sign in options/netplwiz, but still in files.

Switch from Microsoft Personal Account to Local Account - "Sign in with a local account instead" option is missing

I was guided to use my Microsoft Personal Account for login when setting up a new PC with Windows 10.

(I think) I want to change it back to Local Account Login because:

• It's a shared home PC and I don't want my everyday sign-in password used multiple times a day to = my MSFT password
    • I only have 365 and OneDrive and only on one Device (this PC)
    • I don't use either much so there seems to be unnecessary online verification and syncing going on and endless attempts to claw me to services I have no desire for, much as I love microsoft.
    • The bit I'm not clear on is Pros/Con's of Family Accounts when using Local Account vs Microsoft Account. My main requirements are to keep some docs private from the kids but share all photo's, music, Video's etc in one place and not give them admin rights.
    • Q1: Welcome any comment on these being good reasons or not to want Local Account Login
    Unfortunately, the Option for "Sign in with a local account instead" is not visible.

• I've reviewed other posts and followed suggestions to run SFC and DSIM (No issues), Start + R and Opened netplwiz (ok)
    • Consensus seems to be to Add a New Local Account as if it was for someone else

Link
      . This feels like a workaround because something unexplained has happened and it is a brand new PC so I'd much rather solve root cause.
    • Q2: How can I recover the "Sign in with a local account instead" option?
    • Q3: If the only answer to Q2 is use the workaround, can I subsequently remove the Microsoft Account so it is not part of the Login process? (Assumes I can still
      access 365 and OneDrive as I did on my old PC)
    Sorry for long post. Thanks in advance.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

SMc555, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. windows local account removed from sign in options/netplwiz, but still in files. - Similar Threads - local account removed

2. remove local account from sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove local account from sign in screen.: This is a two parter. The first obviously being how do i remove the local account on the computer from showing up on the sign in screen , its really annoying seeing two account that both link to the same account. Secondly when ever I boot my computer before i even type...
  3. remove local account from sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove local account from sign in screen.: This is a two parter. The first obviously being how do i remove the local account on the computer from showing up on the sign in screen , its really annoying seeing two account that both link to the same account. Secondly when ever I boot my computer before i even type...
  4. remove local account from sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option: I've been trying to sign out of my Microsoft Account that was connected to my Windows PC for the past few hours now, because I didn't think signing into the Xbox app would switch my ENTIRE PC into an online account they should change that. I didn't see this as much of a...
  6. "sign in with local account instead" option missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with local account instead" option missing: After a recent Windows update one of our employees signed into his Microsoft account thinking he could just grab some files from his account then sign back out. Now his personal account is permanently tied to the admin account on that workstation. MS removed the option in the...
  7. Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?

Remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window ?: Is remove password feature is removed from "netplwiz" window in windows may 2020 update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-password-feature-is-removed-from-netplwiz/16e91d48-ba5b-43fb-981f-6efeed94d156
  8. Remove local login option on Windows 10 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove local login option on Windows 10 account: Hi, I have a computer which was originally setup with a local account and now it uses a Microsoft business account. However, upon login, I still see the local credentials login option which appears by default. This is not another user account, just another login option....
  9. Netplwiz option

Netplwiz option: Hi, I'm trying to disable the password for a computer/account, and I've used the netplwiz/User Accounts app to do this in the past, but now I don't see the checkbox for "Users must enter a username and password...". I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. Thanks, Matt...
  10. How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10: I have only one Administrator account on Windows 10, created as a local account. A Microsoft account was added to the local account afterwards. Now I want to remove the Microsoft account login (not to remove the local account itself). On the Settings -> Accounts -> Email &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows account removed but still visible on computer