Windows 10: Windows Local Admin Authorities

Discus and support Windows Local Admin Authorities in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am setting up my small business and I'm trying to setup 5 Windows PCs in our office, one of which I am trying to setup local admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A1LED, Jan 14, 2021.

1. A1LED Win User

Windows Local Admin Authorities

Hello,

I am setting up my small business and I'm trying to setup 5 Windows PCs in our office, one of which I am trying to setup local admin authorities to have over the other 4. I'm well aware of how to setup local users/admin on the same PC... but spread out among 5 different devices, I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know if this is possible.. and the steps for doing so ??

If not possible from Windows desktop, can it be done from MS 365? We have a family share plan.

Or possibly an app that can be downloaded that will give me these capabilities?

Also... I assume this would be much more complicated, but I would ideally like to set up a Mac for the admin device to have authorities over the Windows devices.... Any info about this and how I could possibly go cross-platform for these capabilities.. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A1Led

:)

A1LED, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

defragmentation denies my admin privilege

Hi Billy,

To further assist you, kindly check if your credentials is set to
    Admin. To set your credentials
    to Admin, please follow the steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Choose
      User Accounts.

• Click on
      Change your Account type.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to create a
    local Account and set it to Administrator. To create a local account, please click this
    link and set it as Admin. Use the local account to run the Defragmentation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Local Admin Authorities - Similar Threads - Local Admin Authorities

2. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority: I keep getting a Windows Security notification about Local Security Authority being off and when I go to turn it on I don't see the option to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-authority/c6a084f5-d8a0-477e-832c-4b813fa20879
  3. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority: I keep getting a Windows Security notification about Local Security Authority being off and when I go to turn it on I don't see the option to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-authority/c6a084f5-d8a0-477e-832c-4b813fa20879
  4. local security authority

local security authority: just updated to "Update for Windows Security platform antimalware platform - KB5007651 Version 1.0.2303.28002" on 4/5/23in windows security it says action needed and local security is turned off i dismiss that is that okay?...
  5. local security authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security authority: just updated to "Update for Windows Security platform antimalware platform - KB5007651 Version 1.0.2303.28002" on 4/5/23in windows security it says action needed and local security is turned off i dismiss that is that okay?...
  6. Windows Local Authority Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local Authority Protection: Hey guys, I'm aware of the current bug concerning local authority protection for windows defender but after running the windows update troubleshooter the option to enable it has completely disappeared. Is it perhaps a windows pro feature only?...
  7. Windows Local Authority Protection

Windows Local Authority Protection: Hey guys, I'm aware of the current bug concerning local authority protection for windows defender but after running the windows update troubleshooter the option to enable it has completely disappeared. Is it perhaps a windows pro feature only?...
  8. Local Security Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority: Just like me where many are having the same issue as I am as to a patch on the Local Security Authority which when clicked gives the notice that action needs to be taken.The answer I am getting from Microsoft is that a future update should resolve the issue too which as of...
  9. Local Security Authority

Local Security Authority: Just like me where many are having the same issue as I am as to a patch on the Local Security Authority which when clicked gives the notice that action needs to be taken.The answer I am getting from Microsoft is that a future update should resolve the issue too which as of...
  10. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...