Windows 10: windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

Discus and support windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My D drive kept disappearing and then reappearing whenever I would restart my pc. I tried everything I could to fix that specifically and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NatalieAbdool, Dec 4, 2023.

1. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

My D drive kept disappearing and then reappearing whenever I would restart my pc. I tried everything I could to fix that specifically and still couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall windows since that was one of the suggestions. Now it's been stuck at 88% for 30+ hours. I chose the local reinstall option and to keep my files. I don't know if it's ok to shut down my pc because maybe that would cause some files to be lost.

:)

NatalieAbdool, Dec 4, 2023

2. Windows 10 reinstallation Stuck at 88%

I was having an issue with my profile and so I decided to do a reset on my windows. I tried to do a limited restore that kept my files but the computer got to 88% and stuck. rebooted several times, used a boot disk to see if I could revert then changes.
    naadaa. Any suggestions?

KingMathis78, Dec 4, 2023
  3. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc (bosd, crashing apps, etc.) so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such. after what feels like 3 hours (an hour really), it has been stuck on installing windows 88%. it hasn’t moved and there is a loading circle above it which hasn’t moved either, is my pc frozen or is it just gonna take a while to do this.

also: should i hard reset this and clean install windows? i did a backup of all of my documents and music and other downloads (not apps). would this fix the problem then? if so, how should i safely reset my pc so i can restart the reinstallation?

recedingpit, Dec 4, 2023
  4. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

Windows 11 setup installation stuck at 88%

I need help. I tried updating to windows 11 from iso file instead of update assistant or windows update because I have limited data. The blue installing screen is stuck at 88%. It says 88% complete. It has been more than an hour. My laptop is compatible with Windows 11 as I checked with the PC health check app.

MrinalRabha, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

1. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours - Similar Threads - local reinstallation stuck

2. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours: My D drive kept disappearing and then reappearing whenever I would restart my pc. I tried everything I could to fix that specifically and still couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall windows since that was one of the suggestions. Now it's been stuck at 88% for 30+ hours. I...
  3. windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows local reinstallation stuck at 88% for 30+ hours: My D drive kept disappearing and then reappearing whenever I would restart my pc. I tried everything I could to fix that specifically and still couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall windows since that was one of the suggestions. Now it's been stuck at 88% for 30+ hours. I...
  4. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  5. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  6. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%: hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc bosd, crashing apps, etc. so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such. after what feels like 3 hours an hour really, it has been stuck on installing windows 88%. it hasn’t moved and there is a...
  8. reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%

reinstallation of windows 10 stuck at 88%: hello! i have recently been having problems with my pc bosd, crashing apps, etc. so i decided to reinstall windows but still keeping my files and such. after what feels like 3 hours an hour really, it has been stuck on installing windows 88%. it hasn’t moved and there is a...
  9. Stuck at 30% for an hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 30% for an hour: I have updated from an older insider Version to the newest Version of the Dev Channel. But now I'm stuck at 30% of the update. Should I just let it run over night or restart it? submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 reinstallation Stuck at 88%

Windows 10 reinstallation Stuck at 88%: I was having an issue with my profile and so I decided to do a reset on my windows. I tried to do a limited restore that kept my files but the computer got to 88% and stuck. rebooted several times, used a boot disk to see if I could revert then changes. naadaa. Any...