Windows 10: Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet

Discus and support Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just came back to Windows 10, the only reason I stayed on Windows 7 even after checking 10, was the insane internet usage of Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryancit2, May 5, 2016.

1. Ryancit2 Win User

Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet

Hey guys, I just came back to Windows 10, the only reason I stayed on Windows 7 even after checking 10, was the insane internet usage of Windows 10. Today I installed it back and I am really seeking serious help.

Thing is, my Windows 10 uses "ALL of my internet", I have 1Mbps for now and when I see the task manager, it shows "Local Services" using all of my 1.3Mbps coming from ISP. The level of usage is so insane that I can't even use simple browser or google something out on internet, I have to disconnect PC every minute to check my phone "notifications", you can imagine how hard it is for me, the phone can't even get notifications if my PC is connected with internet.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/H6Cfnqr.png

I have already tried some ways to fix this, but it's still the same. I used "Defer Updates" option, etc.

Some actual help that can fix it, will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan.

:)

Ryancit2, May 5, 2016

2. 'Service Host: Local System' eating too much resources

local services are essential services in windows so there nothing can be done unless the next remove bug update by windows. the device ur using is a desktop?,,if ur device is possible to connect via wifi then please try using Wifi..

but stay turned I am sure our community people will solve ur question...in few hours..

thanks if any doubt please reply again

hariharanp, May 5, 2016
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, May 5, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Hi and Welcome.

Please expand Service Host: Local System, then post another screen shot. There are 18 entries there that should be looked at.

pbcopter, May 5, 2016
  5. Ryancit2 Win User
    Ryancit2, May 5, 2016
  6. pbcopter Win User
    I would guess it is Windows update. Since you just reinstalled Windows 10, it is likely getting updates. What do you see when you look under Updates and Security in settings?

pbcopter, May 5, 2016
  7. Ryancit2 Win User
    It's all disabled as much as I could, there are no updates available (not even GeForce drives), because I stopped it myself, I would rather prefer getting Nvidia drivers using GeForce experience then to use Windows Updates feature, it downloads a lot of other features side by side.

Defer Updates is selected in there.

I tried killing services hosts yesterday and my network was free when I killed "User profile services", but then my windows got corrupted and I had to reset it.

Does that mean I can't even use Windows 10 at all? I have to use that service which takes all of my internet. This is literally .....

Ryancit2, May 6, 2016
  8. Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet

TairikuOkami, May 6, 2016
  9. Ryancit2 Win User
    Ryancit2, May 6, 2016
  10. In that case, try some Windows 10 privacy tools, they disable all kinds of network activities.

Comparison of Windows 10 Privacy tools - gHacks Tech News

Lastly, you can try my tweaks, which effectively kill anything by MS, light version should do not harm much, I created it for my mom, but no guarantees, so unless you are ready to clean install, do not try it. Download bat, run it as admin, restart.

11. Ryancit2 Win User
    Used your bath file, not sure if it's fixed because I can't open task manager. How do I get that back?

And is there any way to get the stuff back? Like, many misc stuff is removed, is it gone permanently?

How do I check the network usage now?

Ryancit2, May 6, 2016
  12. TairikuOkami, May 6, 2016
  13. Ryancit2 Win User

Well your batch did make some good changes but network speed is still f'd up, I wonder if local services are still running, because I can't use any other thing on network, I am supposed to get 100-130Kbps download while I am getting max 16Kbps.

Any other solution?

Ryancit2, May 6, 2016
  14. Well networking in 10 is screwed up, that is a well known fact.

I usually disable IPv6 (done by bat), setup IP manually and delete all network protocols, but IPv4, like this:

15. Ryancit2 Win User
    Well my speed was still f'd up even after running your bat, looks like I have to go back to Windows 7. I wonder why they offered me Windows 10 and said it is fit and faster now, while it totally blocks my internet and I can't even use internet on other devices when on from PC.

Thanks for your time, if you still find some other way, let me know *Smile

Ryancit2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Local services eating "ALL" of my internet - Similar Threads - Local services eating

2. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  3. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  4. Windows services using all my internet capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows services using all my internet capacity: My internet is bad. And I have a data cap. This is why having Background Intelligence and Networking Service running in the background constantly is really frustrating. I can't play any online games because of the lag these services cause, and they use up a lot of data per...
  5. DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time: It's always hovering around 9-10%. "Enables the detection, download and installation of device-related software. If this service is disabled, devices may be configured with outdated software, and may not work correctly." Says its the Device Setup Manager. It doesn't sound...
  6. DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    DsmSvc Windows Service eating 10% CPU all the time: It's always hovering around 9-10%. "Enables the detection, download and installation of device-related software. If this service is disabled, devices may be configured with outdated software, and may not work correctly." Says its the Device Setup Manager. It doesn't sound...
  7. Service host eating my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host eating my RAM: I'm currently using a Huawei Matebook 13, it has 8 gigs of RAM and it runs pretty well, but I've faced a single, big problem with it. The RAM usually overloads and collapses after some usage time, which makes everything start crashing, making me force restarting my laptop....
  8. Windows 10 is eating my internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is eating my internet: This problem has been here since I ever purchased my new PC, random service hosts would update and suck all of my data causing extreme severe sudden lags while I'm gaming, along with random updates and the "system" also using up a lot of data. Any idea on how to stop this...
  9. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.: [ATTACH] I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now there are about a hundred different instances of service host that are all taking small chunks of my 8gb memory. Individually, they're small, but together they're using about 95% at idle. It's crippling my...
  10. Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service eating all the RAM SOLVED!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service eating all the RAM SOLVED!: Hey guys! First post for me. *Smile Been taking up the problem of system and service host: local service eating all the ram. So I've been clicking some stuffs at the settings when suddenly I solved my problem unexpectedly! So here's how you do it. *Smile 1. Open Windows....