Windows 10: Windows Local user not available for log In

Discus and support Windows Local user not available for log In in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Suddenly after yesterday, I am not able to find the other local accounts on my computer. I have a local admin account which I had made for work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnoopPai, Aug 15, 2022.

1. AnoopPai Win User

Windows Local user not available for log In

Suddenly after yesterday, I am not able to find the other local accounts on my computer. I have a local admin account which I had made for work and another account linked to my hotmail. The account that is linked to hotmail is only accessible and visible for login, Other local accounts not available and visible to use.Now the local account is not shown and I am not able to switch accounts. If I 'log out' or click on 'Switch User' or 'Lock' the account I do not find any option to switch user, before it used to show my local work account.But if I check in settings >Family & other users, I

:)

AnoopPai, Aug 15, 2022

2. Microsoft Sudoku not available to other users

Hi Larry,

Thank you for responding.

As Microsoft account has an issue, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter from my previous post and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, the account might have got corrupted.

I suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to local account, and convert newly created local account (with no issues)to Microsoft account to transfer the user content.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 3: Once the newly created local account is converted to Microsoft account, you can log-in with this account, try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows Local user not available for log In :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Windows Local user not available for log In

Windows 10 user account immediately logs out

Hi Edward,

• Have you tried the steps provided above?
    • If you have tried the steps provided above, is issue still persisting?
    • What was the result of SFC scan? Did it find corruption or not?

Try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows Local user not available for log In

1. Windows Local user not available for log In - Similar Threads - Local user available

2. Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps signing out the local user when logging in: Hi i have created local user on my laptop and when im trying to login using the local account it keeps signing me out , and the issue is for all the local users as when they try to login it signs them out...
  3. Created local user, now Windows automatically logs into this user, but does not reach...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Created local user, now Windows automatically logs into this user, but does not reach...: Hello, I created a local user on a samsung computer and now the computer won't log in properly onto this user. We have attempted to get to the startup repair guide but it seems not to reach the options. This is an old computer of 9 years and was functioning slow, but well, on...
  4. Created local user, now Windows automatically logs into this user, but does not reach...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created local user, now Windows automatically logs into this user, but does not reach...: Hello, I created a local user on a samsung computer and now the computer won't log in properly onto this user. We have attempted to get to the startup repair guide but it seems not to reach the options. This is an old computer of 9 years and was functioning slow, but well, on...
  5. Created local user, now Windows automatically logs into this user, but does not reach...

6. Local account not available on startup unable to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account not available on startup unable to log in: Hello,My computer had a new Microsoft account logged into it. Ever since then, our local admin account does not show up on the login page on startup. It is still on the computer though, however, because I can still see it when I go to "remove users". I have also made sure the...
  7. Local account not available on startup unable to log in

Local account not available on startup unable to log in: Hello,My computer had a new Microsoft account logged into it. Ever since then, our local admin account does not show up on the login page on startup. It is still on the computer though, however, because I can still see it when I go to "remove users". I have also made sure the...
  8. Local admin account not available on startup unable to log in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local admin account not available on startup unable to log in Windows 11: One of our computers had a new Microsoft account logged into it. Ever since then, our local admin account does not show up on the login page on startup. It is still on the computer though, however, because I can still see it when I go to "remove users". How can I get back...
  9. Windows Local user not available for log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local user not available for log In: Suddenly after yesterday, I am not able to find the other local accounts on my computer. I have a local admin account which I had made for work and another account linked to my hotmail. The account that is linked to hotmail is only accessible and visible for login, Other...
  10. local server drives not available on new user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local server drives not available on new user: I created a new user for myself, but I frequently need access to our local online drives. with the new user I don't see them in my file explorer. on the old user they are still there. How do I get access to them on the new one?[ATTACH] Old user[ATTACH] New user...