Windows 10: Windows Location Platform

Discus and support Windows Location Platform in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using an external bluetooth GPS device (along with a driver - GPSDirect) I can get the GPS device's location in browser using Edge. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by South1cr, Nov 19, 2019.

1. South1cr Win User

Windows Location Platform

When using an external bluetooth GPS device (along with a driver - GPSDirect) I can get the GPS device's location in browser using Edge. However, I cannot use it with Chrome/Firefox. Is there a way to allow Chrome and Firefox to use the same source for positional information as edge in Windows 10?

:)

South1cr, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Location GREYED out in windows 10...no option of turning on Windows Location Platform in Windows 10

Hi Junaid,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to turn On Windows location platform by the below steps and see if it helps.

Method 1:

1) Type location in the search bar and click on change location settings.

2) Then, check the box Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

3) Click on Apply.

Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click location settings.

Method 2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Also, make sure to check the geolocation service and set it to automatic.

Open Run command by pressing Win Key + R, type services.msc
    and find Geolocation services.

Hope this helps. If you have any other queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Windows Location Platform

Location service is greyed out

Hello Shahriar,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to turn On Windows location platform by the below steps and see if it helps.

Method 1:

1) Type location in the search bar and click on change location settings.

2) Then, check the box Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

3) Click on Apply.

Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click location settings.

Method 2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Also, make sure to check the geolocation service and set it to automatic.

Open Run command by pressing Win Key + R, type services.msc
    and find Geolocation services.

Hope this helps. If you have any other queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Location Platform

1. Windows Location Platform - Similar Threads - Location Platform

2. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291: Hi, I am trying to install the Media Feature pack, but I don't get the 'Optional Features' option to choose when following these instructions on this page - Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022 - Microsoft SupportInstructions:On Windows 10 N: Select the Start...
  3. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291: Hi, I am trying to install the Media Feature pack, but I don't get the 'Optional Features' option to choose when following these instructions on this page - Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022 - Microsoft SupportInstructions:On Windows 10 N: Select the Start...
  4. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...: When my laptop has been sitting idle for an extended time and I return I usually see the location Icon, and every time about 30 sec to a minute into my using it the icon vanishes as if it were trying to hide. This laptop has admn with a work account and is windows 10, Teams,...
  6. What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...

What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...: When my laptop has been sitting idle for an extended time and I return I usually see the location Icon, and every time about 30 sec to a minute into my using it the icon vanishes as if it were trying to hide. This laptop has admn with a work account and is windows 10, Teams,...
  7. What exactly is meant by "an app is using your location"? i.e. when you see the little...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Trying to enable BitLocker but unable to locate Trusted Platform Module TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to enable BitLocker but unable to locate Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hi All, I've been dealing with a user's machine Dell Latitude 7480 and I am unable to turn on his BitLocker Encryption. I've done a ton of research and advised him to go to the BIOS Setup on boot up to ensure under Security "TPM 2.0 Security" was turned on but there is no...
  9. Location of update file for Windows Defender PLATFORM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location of update file for Windows Defender PLATFORM?: My Windows Update is inoperable. So I must manually install all updates. Where can I download the install file for the latest Windows Defender PLATFORM update? (NOT the definitions update.) Please do not tell me how to fix Windows Update. I have been working on solving...
  10. UPDATING: PortableApps Platform vs Custom Location ???

UPDATING: PortableApps Platform vs Custom Location ???: Howdy, Members I have posted below a question I had posted at PortableApps.com which is connected my thread below and may be of value to other Members: - QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ? I want to make sure I understand the...