Windows 10: Windows location problems

Discus and support Windows location problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having problems with my laptop and sites thinking I'm in another state. Location is turned on, allow apps to access location is on. I have cleared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeeFink, Jun 24, 2020.

1. LeeFink Win User

Windows location problems

I'm having problems with my laptop and sites thinking I'm in another state. Location is turned on, allow apps to access location is on. I have cleared location history and reset default location many times. Location for maps is on, allow desktop apps to access location is on. In Edge I have done browsing history clearing browsing data including history/download/cookies/cached images and files. Tracking prevention is on balanced. Allow cookies is on and block 3rd party cookies is off. I have also cleared location history on my microsoft account and rebooted my modem and router. This laptop is less than 6 months old. This problem doesn't happen on my desktop or my wife's laptop. This problem started after a windows updated but I'm not sure which of which one. Any suggestions?

:)

LeeFink, Jun 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Windows location problems

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows location problems

1. Windows location problems - Similar Threads - location problems

2. HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem: I have a USB pendrive named x796w which is of 128GBWith USB 3.2, I have purchased it so that I could create a system image in it, bu when I go to Backup and RestoreWindows 7 and click on "create system image" option then I do not get my pendrive listed in that menu, all other...
  3. HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem: I have a USB pendrive named x796w which is of 128GBWith USB 3.2, I have purchased it so that I could create a system image in it, bu when I go to Backup and RestoreWindows 7 and click on "create system image" option then I do not get my pendrive listed in that menu, all other...
  4. HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Problems: I've been struggling to understand why my location is not working. I'm currently using Windows 10 and for the last year, I have not been able to use my location for any applications, my location is on, but it is not detecting where I am at. If there's any solution or needed...
  6. Location Problems

Location Problems: I've been struggling to understand why my location is not working. I'm currently using Windows 10 and for the last year, I have not been able to use my location for any applications, my location is on, but it is not detecting where I am at. If there's any solution or needed...
  7. Location Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Device location problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device location problem: I Live in Pueblo Colorado and my device location says palm beach Fl, some times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-location-problem/f6ea11ea-9ccd-4a8b-8672-87378a26efb8
  9. Device location problem

Device location problem: I Live in Pueblo Colorado and my device location says palm beach Fl, some times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-location-problem/f6ea11ea-9ccd-4a8b-8672-87378a26efb8
  10. Device location problem

in Windows 10 Customization