Windows 10: Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

Discus and support Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some time ago, after the last major Windows update, I was unable to get my laptop to re-orient itself when in tablet mode. This is a problem that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael J Johnson Indy, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

Some time ago, after the last major Windows update, I was unable to get my laptop to re-orient itself when in tablet mode. This is a problem that the sensors seem to not be enabled.

I've checked in the registry and made sure they were enabled. When I go to the Privacy settings and Location, everything but the Set Default location and Clear location history are grayed out, and there is an error message at the top that states

*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

I'm running on Windows 10 Home edition, so it can't me my organization's settings. I've tried performing a clean boot, disabling all software that isn't Microsoft upon booting, so it shouldn't be any other software that I've installed.

Please help, as I would like to re-enable the sensors to get my computer, in tablet mode, to re-orient itself.

:)

Michael J Johnson Indy, Aug 16, 2020
  2. neveice Win User

Location sensors in Windows 7

I am trying to use a site that requires location verification. I am using Firefox (I've also tried Internet Explorer and Chrome) and have insured that location is enabled for the site. Nevertheless, the site continues to say that it cannot verify my location.
    Customer service at the site suggested that location services were not enabled for my desktop computer running Windows 7.

When I go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Location and Other Sensors, I am told that "No Sensors are Installed". How do I install location sensor so that I can use the site?

neveice, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Location icon grayed out and not working in windows 10 creators update

We suggest that you check if the following service is enabled to activate the Location icon:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type service.msc in the Run dialog box and select
      Services.
    • Right-click on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Stop
    • Once done, right-click again on Windows Location Framework Service and click
      Start.
    • If the service is enabled, try disabling and re-enabling and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Erika Aro, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

No location sensor

Hi Chuck,

You can set the location in the application's settings, depending on the application you are using. Some applications
    have that feature and others don't. We suggest that you check the application settings if it is available. However, we suggest that you install a location sensor in your PC/laptop for a more convenient way to use it.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

1. Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working - Similar Threads - Locations Sensors are

2. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  3. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  4. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Fix Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor not working: [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor is not working on their Windows computers. Some of them have tried updating the device driver from the Device Manager. But when they updated the driver, they received the following...
  6. Location grayed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location grayed: Windows 10 . Location change is grayed. I can't turn location on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-grayed/07373b95-ac6c-4749-9184-03df8a360073
  7. Location Services Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...
  8. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the fingerprint sensor located?: Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-fingerprint-sensor-located/bc37c073-78a3-4e84-84d1-3bda0cdcb20c
  9. Turn location sensor on

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn location sensor on: I'm trying to turn on my location sensor in Windows 10, but I keep getting a "some settings are hidden by your organization" message. I'm the only user of this machine and I am not part of any 'organization'. Is there a way to get around this roadblock? 119674
  10. Windows 7 not showing location sensor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 not showing location sensor: hi, i recently have installed windows 7 sp1 with all updates and in device manager location sensor is not shown.. Also Gadgets cannot detect my location. It was working fine on my previous windows 8. when i go to location sensors through startup it says no sensors are...