Windows 10: Windows lock and stuck keys (not physically)

Discus and support Windows lock and stuck keys (not physically) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows key would get stuck when ever I boot up gta v I can have tried on screen keyboard and it would stop for a little bit after that my a key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gotemyoudank, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows lock and stuck keys (not physically)

My windows key would get stuck when ever I boot up gta v I can have tried on screen keyboard and it would stop for a little bit after that my a key gets stuck with control every time I press a it highlights things how do I stop this?

submitted by /u/gotemyoudank
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gotemyoudank, Nov 28, 2020
  2. HPrak Win User

Windows Key is stuck ( not physically)

Windows Key is stuck ( not physically) .. It feels likes it is being pressed .. sometimes automatically start menu automatically opens or windows open in browser as if i m pressing the windows button ... even some time when i click some alphabets the command
    associated with that button and Win key is executed like pressing "L" locks the account or pressing "E"would open explorer.. this is becoming more frequent day by day. You would not believe but it took about half an hour to type this because of all that stuff.
    Please help me.. I am now totally irritated.. Please Please...

HPrak, Nov 28, 2020
  3. goosmurf Win User
    Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Jone A Win User

Windows lock and stuck keys (not physically)

F7 key stuck but not physically

My F7 key stuck however it is not physically stuck, i can press it and can see it is not physically stuck at all despite it constantly registers F7 input in the system and turn on function like caret keyboard or debugging tool in FF.
    Note:
    2) sticky key functions are all disable
    3) windows 10
    4) HP Envy m7 note book laptop
    5) uninstalled keyboard driver
    6) 1 out of 2 HID uninstalled

Jone A, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows lock and stuck keys (not physically)

1. Windows lock and stuck keys (not physically) - Similar Threads - lock stuck keys

2. ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically: For some reason, today my ‘]’ key started randomly being stuck. I don’t know what could have triggered it, since I hadn’t even pressed it once both times this happened today. But whenever i open any place I am able to type, it spams that key I have to say it isn’t just...
  3. Up key is stuck but not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Up key is stuck but not physically: My up key is stuck but not physically or anything. When i click on the windows start button my up key goes crazy on its own and i dont know how to fix it. Its hard to explain....
  4. Windows Key Stuck but not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key Stuck but not physically: Hi there my windows key is stuck and when I try to play GTA 5 or any other games or when I press wasd it opens up Windows Whiteboard, Cortana etc and when in desktop pressing windows key minimizes windows. I have sticky keys and other ease of access for keyboard off. I...
  5. Keyboard key stuck not physically

Keyboard key stuck not physically: As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep...
  6. Keyboard key stuck not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard key stuck not physically: As I'm using Asus R558U model, at first "numpad 8" key stuck, not physically as mentioned and then "numpad 6" and now the "Up" key is keep hitting many times while playing games or using browser or anything. Only "esc" key works for a second and at another second its keep...
  7. Q key stuck, but not physically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Q key stuck, but not physically.: You probably seen this before but its really annoying and nothing has worked, the Q key gets stuck after some time, sometimes it takes an hour sometimes 5 minutes after the laptop is turned on,it just keeps pressing Q messing everything up. Uninstalled the keyboard driver and...
  8. Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.: I have an Asus gaming laptop and recently it has been doing this thing where I cannot type. The keys are linked to the "Hot Keys" aka WIN + D = Desktop, WIN + S = search, etc. - I've uninstalled keyboard drivers - Restarted multiple times - All the little tricks people...
  9. Windows key is stuck not physically

Windows key is stuck not physically: Everytime i use a windows + any key shortcut the windows key gets stuck and it even shows on the on screen keyboard. I have disabled sticky keys and other easy access keyboard options and uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers.It has only recently been happening in...
  10. Up key stuck, not physically.

Up key stuck, not physically.: It's been happening for a while. Every time I open a menu, no matter if it's the Windows menu, or the search menu, or the options menu, my laptop will think that the up key is being pressed and it will scroll up non-stop. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an Asus X556UAK....