Windows 10: Windows lock app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file

Discus and support Windows lock app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Please I want a Windows app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file, because going to open the app each time, unlock the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jakovy93, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Windows lock app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file

Hi,

Please I want a Windows app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file, because going to open the app each time, unlock the folder .... etc. may be annoying and take a long time, so l am looking for a Windows app that works like locker app in Android that show box to enter the password for locked app.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Jakovy93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jakovy93, Jun 30, 2024
  2. AddSub Win User

Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Jun 30, 2024
  3. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 30, 2024
  4. Windows lock app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file

Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, Jun 30, 2024
Thema:

Windows lock app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file

1. Windows lock app that shows a window to enter password for locked folder or file - Similar Threads - lock app shows

2. lock icon showing but the file isn't locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock icon showing but the file isn't locked: I have this issue with windows i guess that i find really annoying. Lock icon over a file that was locked but i unlocked the file so i don't know how to "delete" the lockcan someone help....
  3. How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?

How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?: I am seeking guidance on how to effectively lock folder in Windows 11 with password to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of my stored files. Despite my efforts in exploring different methods, including the utilization of third-party software, I have been unable to find a...
  4. How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Lock Folder in Windows 11 with Password?: I am seeking guidance on how to effectively lock folder in Windows 11 with password to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of my stored files. Despite my efforts in exploring different methods, including the utilization of third-party software, I have been unable to find a...
  5. Blank Lock Screen Password Entering Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Lock Screen Password Entering Window: [IMG] My laptop sometimes experiences this blank passwird entering window.it is hapening wheni opened laptop after i sleep it.it occurs sometimes.how can i fix this...
  6. locking certain apps with password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    locking certain apps with password: so i still live with my ex (sounds fun right? yeah no, it definitely isnt sometimes) and there has been a couple of occasions so far where she sneaks onto my laptop before it sleeps and digs through my text messages via the Your Phone app. I want to put an end to that by...
  7. windows startup lock screen frozen / cannot enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows startup lock screen frozen / cannot enter password: Hello, I was stuck half the startups on the lock screen and clicking wouldn't show me the prompt to enter my password. After searching I didn't find anything usefull for me. Here is how I solved this problem : There was apparently a time problem, The clock was...
  8. how to lock folder with password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to lock folder with password: ho to lock files, folder in win 10 laptop with password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-folder-with-password/812db0bf-3a6f-408b-9fd2-30af4d53d161"
  9. Files locked in folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files locked in folder: Hello, I have this user that all most all of his files in this one folder on his desktop are locked. Can't open word docs, pdf's or powerpoint files. I wend thru a few steps that I found on line and was able to unlock a few by taking ownership of that folder. But not...
  10. Windows Apps Folder Locked

Windows Apps Folder Locked: Hey guys! Just bought Windows 10 Pro this morning and there's one last thing that i can't find the life of me how to fix. The windows store app folder... I want to be able to see the "size" and go "in" the folder. It says i do not have access. So i proceeded to try to...