Windows 10: Windows lock screen after login

Discus and support Windows lock screen after login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen posts since 2017 about an issue where the user logs in and then it kicks them back to the lock screen, instead of logging in. Well, it's now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nater3796, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Nater3796 Win User

Windows lock screen after login

I've seen posts since 2017 about an issue where the user logs in and then it kicks them back to the lock screen, instead of logging in. Well, it's now 2022 and I'm having the same issue. I have a brand new build, Win 10 Pro, all updates are complete. The admin account is fine. The kid account is standard user using cloud sign in, parental controls enabled. The kid account was in the process of downloading a game and I couldn't log back in. I tried a thousand times and read all kinds of work arounds. Nothing worked. Since I was downloading a game, I wanted to reboot but I didn't want to interru

:)

Nater3796, Feb 15, 2022

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Windows lock screen after login [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 15, 2022
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Windows lock screen after login

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Windows lock screen after login [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows lock screen after login

1. Windows lock screen after login - Similar Threads - lock screen login

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  5. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  6. Windows lock screen after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen after login: I've seen posts since 2017 about an issue where the user logs in and then it kicks them back to the lock screen, instead of logging in. Well, it's now 2022 and I'm having the same issue. I have a brand new build, Win 10 Pro, all updates are complete. The admin account is...
  7. Windows lock screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen after login: I've seen posts since 2017 about an issue where the user logs in and then it kicks them back to the lock screen, instead of logging in. Well, it's now 2022 and I'm having the same issue. I have a brand new build, Win 10 Pro, all updates are complete. The admin account is...
  8. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking: Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot...
  9. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  10. No login prompt after locking screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt after locking screen: Hello, I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there was only a black screen with my mouse pointer. After pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL the background of the login screen appeared, but...