Windows 10: Windows lock screen background images

Discus and support Windows lock screen background images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Windows lock screen background images

Hi

I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below

Windows lock screen background images [​IMG]

Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it totally slipped my mind and when I went into the windows lock screen images folder tonight to look for it I see it is no longer in there as I have had a few different ones since then.

Is there any online source that has all the images used for the windows lock screen background image if so where can I find it so I can hopefully find this image again.

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Jan 3, 2019
  2. jaredt Win User

Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update)

Hi folks,

Background

• A year or more ago I followed [this guide](How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10) to set the Sign-in screen to a single colour rather than having to use Microsoft's default background image.
    • So I set my own custom background image for the Lock screen (with no problem), and then once I hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen it would should a solid background colour (happy days!).
    Issue

• I just upgraded to the Anniversary Update with no problems. My setup of Lock screen = custom image and Sign-in screen = solid colour was still working.
    • I read that Microsoft had changed it so that when you hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen it would just keep your Lock screen image behind and show the password box on top. This sounded good to me so I ran the 'undo' script provided in the link above (the 'enable' script).
    • Now, when I lock my computer I see no image at all (a completely black background, but it's not broken because the date and time show up), and only when I hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen do I see the custom Lock screen background image I selected. *Sad
    • The kicker is: if I go into the Lock screen settings and turn "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" OFF, then it reverts to my old custom setup: showing my selected Lock screen background image on the lock screen, but then showing a solid colour when I bring up the Sign-in screen :/
    I'm wondering if the registry setting changed at all for the Anniversary Update? I note that in the article and in the registry script they refer to it as "login/logon" whereas the setting in the Anniversary Update references "sign-in". Don't know if there's a clue there or it's just a red herring?

Can anyone help me get back to the default Anniversary Update behaviour (Lock screen background image shows on lock screen and sign-in screen)? Windows lock screen background images :)

UPDATE: Interestingly, when I do a restart, the default Anniversary Update behaviour works. Ie. it shows the background image on the first screen and also on the sign-in screen (is there a subtle difference between the first screen you see after powering up vs any subsequent lock screen?).

jaredt, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Windows lock screen background images

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows lock screen background images

1. Windows lock screen background images - Similar Threads - lock screen background

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  6. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  7. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows lock screen background images display incorrectly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen background images display incorrectly.: Hello, i've set a folder with some wallpapers pictures and i've noticed that they are flipped \ mirrored when the slideshow starts. my windows 10 version is 1909 build 18363. i see some old post from around 2017 about this so you would think that this should be already...
  9. Windows lock screen background images

Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  10. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...