Windows 10: Windows Lock Screen disables Xbox controller Input

Discus and support Windows Lock Screen disables Xbox controller Input in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. I use my PC as a gaming console to play through Steam from another room. I set up the controller to work as a mouse when I'm not gaming (which... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by velocifasor, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Windows Lock Screen disables Xbox controller Input

Hello. I use my PC as a gaming console to play through Steam from another room.

I set up the controller to work as a mouse when I'm not gaming (which works fine). I need to be able to move the mouse (with the controller) so I can type in my PIN after I turn on the PC, but it appears the controller's input is disabled while in the Windows lockscreen.

Is this intentional? And if so is there a way to prevent this/enable controller input within the lockscreen?

Thanks.

:)

velocifasor, Apr 25, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 25, 2019
  4. nsmth Win User

Windows Lock Screen disables Xbox controller Input

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Lock Screen disables Xbox controller Input

1. Windows Lock Screen disables Xbox controller Input - Similar Threads - Lock Screen disables

2. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  3. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  4. Xbox Controller repeating inputs after unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller repeating inputs after unplugged: Whenever I unplug my Xbox controller whilst moving the joystick in any direction, it repeats that direction indefinitely, and when I plug it back in it keeps going even if I then plug it back out. I want a solution that isn't restarting my pc because that's the only way its...
  5. Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems: Hi, having a problem using an Xbox One controller connected via USB-C cable on a 2020 HP Omen gaming laptop running Windows 10. The controller has started randomly losing connection in the middle of games, and requires me to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working...
  6. Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller / PC Windows 10 input problems: Hi, having a problem using an Xbox One controller connected via USB-C cable on a 2020 HP Omen gaming laptop running Windows 10. The controller has started randomly losing connection in the middle of games, and requires me to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working...
  7. xbox controller and non xbox controller inputs not recognised within Windows

xbox controller and non xbox controller inputs not recognised within Windows: Hi, I've been trying to get Unreal Engine to recognise my Xbox series controller inputs for a project I'm making, I initially thought it was a problem with UE, but when I tried the solution of using a 360 controller emulator for inputs it did not recognise any inputs from the...
  8. Xbox Controller input delay problem

Xbox Controller input delay problem: Ever since mid to later October the reaction time of my controller on the right joy stick particularly has seemed slower compared to normal.This came out of no where and I am unsure how to fix it. I have tried almost every solution I could think of, and yet nothing has worked...
  9. Hdr disabled by controller input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdr disabled by controller input: I haven't tested this with any other games. I have Witcher 3 through gog. Whenever I run it, the hdr10 symbol appears in the top right corner. Using KB/M works just fine. But if the game detects any controller input (through my ps4 controller connected wired or over...
  10. Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller

Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller: My Xbox one controller worked fine from purchase until recently. I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update and everything was fine. I turned on my computer and my Xbox one controller would not work. I tried Bluetooth and as soon as I held down the o))) my controller...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller windows 10 lock screen