Windows 10: Windows lock screen for Users only

Discus and support Windows lock screen for Users only in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI would like to know if anyone can help me with creating a GPO that will apply to users only. The GPO should lock users account that is inactive for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gerrie Nel, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Windows lock screen for Users only

HiI would like to know if anyone can help me with creating a GPO that will apply to users only. The GPO should lock users account that is inactive for 300 seconds.I have tried multiple GPO settings but all seem to apply for all users on a pc, I need it to apply for certain users onlyin security group.Is there some way of doing this?Regards

:)

Gerrie Nel, Dec 1, 2023

2. Windows locking up at start screen. HELP!

It will load to safemode but will lock up, it locks up at the user screen.

pepsi71ocean, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

Windows lock screen for Users only c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Windows lock screen for Users only

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Windows lock screen for Users only

1. Windows lock screen for Users only - Similar Threads - lock screen Users

2. Windows lock screen for Users only

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen for Users only: HiI would like to know if anyone can help me with creating a GPO that will apply to users only. The GPO should lock users account that is inactive for 300 seconds.I have tried multiple GPO settings but all seem to apply for all users on a pc, I need it to apply for certain...
  3. Windows lock screen for Users only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen for Users only: HiI would like to know if anyone can help me with creating a GPO that will apply to users only. The GPO should lock users account that is inactive for 300 seconds.I have tried multiple GPO settings but all seem to apply for all users on a pc, I need it to apply for certain...
  4. Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen: I've tried all possible solution I found on the internet use a different/default theme, delete spotlight files, rename settings.dat and roaming.dat config files,re-register via powershell, check if using metered internet connection and more..., but none of them...
  5. Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight is only working on the lock screen: I've tried all possible solution I found on the internet use a different/default theme, delete spotlight files, rename settings.dat and roaming.dat config files,re-register via powershell, check if using metered internet connection and more..., but none of them...
  6. local users not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local users not showing on lock screen: I recently set up a new PC for a company I work with and ran into a problem when I attempted to join it to Active Directory. I am not sure what caused the issue, perhaps something to do with my also upgrading Windows from home to pro, or just some glitch, but I was never able...
  7. Not showing other users in lock screen

Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen No User Interface

Windows 10 Lock Screen No User Interface: Hello all, I've trawlled through all the threadsc on this, but i can't seem to find a scenario that replicates my issue. I have no interaction with the computer following an update i performed yesterday 24 October 2020. I jave done the close down the times and i now have...
  9. Windows 10 lock screen - no user input

Windows 10 lock screen - no user input: This morning after I turned on my old Suface 3 pro as usual, I was unable to "swipe up" to access the password input. There's no mouse cursor and no keyboard inputs have any effect. I have tried; - The old volume up and power hard restart trick - This doesn't solve the...
  10. On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen: Hello, Recently I got a problem with On screen keyboard. I start the app but not keyboard can be seen. If I lock the account and go to login screen the keyboard pops up. Launching keyboard from Ease of access menu on login screen works too. I checked the service - it's...