Windows 10: Windows lock screen help.

Discus and support Windows lock screen help. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can no longer sign on to my computer. I used to type a 4 digit PIN, now I get a message that says password or pin is incorrect. When I follow prompts... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sharnellchambers, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows lock screen help.

I can no longer sign on to my computer. I used to type a 4 digit PIN, now I get a message that says password or pin is incorrect. When I follow prompts to change password, I still am not able to get past the lock screen. I am not sure why I have to use a microsoft password to access my private computer. I have tried troubleshooting, starting in safe mode, etc. It wants to send me a link to follow but the email address on my computer acct, i can no longer access. It is a vicious loop of frustration. Can you help?

:)

sharnellchambers, Feb 3, 2020

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Windows lock screen help.

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows lock screen help.

1. Windows lock screen help. - Similar Threads - lock screen help

2. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  3. Stuck on lock screen. Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on lock screen. Please help: I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she...
  4. Pictures of Unknow People in Lock Screen help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures of Unknow People in Lock Screen help!: For the past few weeks, my Lock Screen showing unknown People. I dont know who these people are and even after changing, it's coming again and again. I had tried everything but the only thing left is Format! any help?...
  5. Pictures of Unknow People in Lock Screen help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures of Unknow People in Lock Screen help!: For the past few weeks, my Lock Screen showing unknown People. I dont know who these people are and even after changing, it's coming again and again. I had tried everything but the only thing left is Format! any help?...
  6. Help with Lock Screen PLEASE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Lock Screen PLEASE: My computer (Windows 10 desktop PC) keeps locking the screen and requiring me to type in my password to unlock it after 1 MINUTE of innactivity. I have tried the following with no fix: Changing my theme to default Turning off the screen saver/changing it to 30min Changing...
  7. Help finding custom lock screen image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help finding custom lock screen image: I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the file path to find a custom lock screen photo file?...
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help

Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help: I do Operating System Deployments for my company. I've recently been tasked to engineer a solution that is using Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access to guests without Active Directory accounts have a way to log in. Long story short, I need to figure out how to customize the Lock...
  9. I need help with Lock screen slideshow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with Lock screen slideshow: I looked online to find how I can make my lockscreen a slideshow. But it gives me, "You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." But there are photos in there. submitted by /u/Garg_and_Moonslicer [link] [comments]...
  10. Help me fixing Windows Spotlight (Lock Screen)

Help me fixing Windows Spotlight (Lock Screen): Hello. My Windows Spotlight has stopped working on one of my work pcs and I haven't been unable to repair it. Ran this batch file (as admin) and it worked for another pc, but it doesn't work on this pc. :: Created by: Shawn Brink :: Created on: April 16th 2017...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows lock screen 05 feb 2020