Windows 10: Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update

Discus and support Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After updating KB5005565 yesterday, it seems my lock screen after 15 minutes past for screen saver no longer responds immediately to my keyboard/mouse... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by icelava, Sep 16, 2021.

1. icelava Win User

Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update

After updating KB5005565 yesterday, it seems my lock screen after 15 minutes past for screen saver no longer responds immediately to my keyboard/mouse input. It takes a minute or so for the app details to appear, then even more minutes to show the PIN text box for me to gain access.Anybody else experiencing similar problems?

:)

icelava, Sep 16, 2021

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 16, 2021
  3. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update

Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi,

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my computer suffers from incredibly slow boot times.

It boots to a black screen with white loading circle in the middle, I have timed it and it takes 5 minutes plus to reach the logon screen from the black screen.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem?

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update

1. Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update - Similar Threads - lock screen incredibly

2. Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update: Nothing is working fast. Navigating the typical Windows settings is incredibly slow. I tried to defrag the thing but it says “optimization not available.” This isn’t like “mildly slow.” It’s taking upwards of 30 seconds just for the search bar to be able to display results...
  3. Help! Windows Running Incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Windows Running Incredibly Slow: I am sorry if this doesn't belong here, I am new to this community. Over the past months, I have noticed a considerable decline in my PC's performance. It takes over 10 minutes to restart and get running again, simple tasks like opening a web browser take minutes to do, and...
  4. Slow response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  5. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  6. PC incredibly slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC incredibly slow.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) It takes quite a while to boot. I keep most of my files on an external hard drive. Opening a folder and displaying the contents takes ages. What can I do to speed things up (a lot) ? Would it help to keep copies on the external drive...
  7. Slow lock screen

Slow lock screen: When I turn on my computer (or restart) the lock screen takes about 5 minutes before I can finally enter my password. After it starts, it takes another 5 minutes before I can do anything. I disabled programs running on startup, and that seemed to slow it down even more. I...
  8. Store incredible slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store incredible slow: I have the following issue, that the download of apps/updates in the Windows Store gets stuck at 0% for about 5-10 minutes, then suddenly starts, sometimes slow sometimes fast, and then it goes to the next download and it again gets stuck for about 10 minutes. This happens on...
  9. PC Running Incredibly Slow

PC Running Incredibly Slow: After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem... Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow. And I have a strong laptop....
  10. Incredibly slow file transfer

Incredibly slow file transfer: It starts at around 300MB/s but after a second it drops to 20MB/s. On Windows 7 it was usually around 100MB/s. This is for transferring to second hard drive. It's even slower transferring to USB drive, about 2 MB/s. 15426