Windows 10: Windows Lock Screen Not Changing

Discus and support Windows Lock Screen Not Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My lock screen will not allow me to change the photos! I have 5 "prechosen" pictures that show up in little buttons and then the browse button, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlueArrow1827, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Windows Lock Screen Not Changing

My lock screen will not allow me to change the photos! I have 5 "prechosen" pictures that show up in little buttons and then the browse button, and I can only use those 5 pictures. Which is aggravating because yes they are my photos but they aren't the ones that I want. What do I do? If I browse for one and choose it, it never loads. Just sits there with the spinning circle until I change it back to one of those 5. I have the newest windows program downloaded and have tried following the advice for it the lock screen won't change at all, I have even reset my laptop.

:)

BlueArrow1827, Sep 20, 2018

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 20, 2018
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Windows Lock Screen Not Changing

Lock Screen can't be changed.

Hi Willson,

With regards to your lock screen concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below on how to enable your lock screen:

• Right click the Start button, run or
      press
      the Windows + R keys (run).
    • Type regedit then, press Enter or click
      OK
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization.
    • Change the value of NoLockScreen from 1 to 0 (zero).
    • Reboot your PC to take effect.
    Let us know if it answered your query.

Kind regards.

Julie Ram, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows Lock Screen Not Changing

1. Windows Lock Screen Not Changing - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Changing

2. CHANGE SCREEN LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGE SCREEN LOCK: CHANGE DEVICE LOCK SCREEN PASSCODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-lock/6a97922a-3c31-43d4-a6b1-dd86dc1296dd
  3. Windows lock screen is not changing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen is not changing: HiI have deployed lockscreen image via group policy in our enterprise. However i noticed in few systems lock screen is not changed. We have 4 DC and there are no any errors in the events or FRS . Lockscreen is deployed perfectly and it can be seen in c:\windows\system32...
  4. Windows lock screen is not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen is not changing: HiI have deployed lockscreen image via group policy in our enterprise. However i noticed in few systems lock screen is not changed. We have 4 DC and there are no any errors in the events or FRS . Lockscreen is deployed perfectly and it can be seen in c:\windows\system32...
  5. Windows lock screen is not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  7. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  8. Lock screen not changing

9. Lock Screen Changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lock Screen Changes: My screen saver keeps changing to my husband's screen saver and our computers are not synced. I'm not sure why this continues to happen but is there a solution? MV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-changes/ec89d74e-9162-44d3-90a3-d10b8701e829
  10. changing windows lock screen

changing windows lock screen: does anyone know how to change the windows lock screen picture and make it into a slideshow? 12512