Windows 10: Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task...

Discus and support Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a slideshow of my iCloud photos as the lock screen on all five of my Windows 10 computers. When I lock the screen Win + L, it freezes on one... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jimmy Loukidis, May 15, 2020.

1. Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task...

I have a slideshow of my iCloud photos as the lock screen on all five of my Windows 10 computers. When I lock the screen Win + L, it freezes on one photo, with no date, time, or anything else. I have to go into task manager and kill the "Windows default lock screen" process to actually have the slideshow work read that from another post. It's not a certain thing on one computer because on all five of my Windows computers the lock screen slideshow doesn't work. I'm guessing it's either a Windows specific thing, or it's something to do with my Microsoft account.

Things I have tried: Restarting the computer; Using a different folder for the slideshow; using a different drive to store the photos on; Updating Windows; and finally re-installing Windows. This is unrelated, but a lock screen slideshow works fine in MacOS, and has worked in MacOS for years.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Jimmy Loukidis, May 15, 2020

2. Lock screen slideshows nonfunctioning

Hi all
    Long time, no see! Anyways i'm having a problem with the lock screen on my laptop. I initially wanted to have the Windows spotlight feature run, and that is not working. (ie I set spotlight in Settings and it just keeps default background.) I then resolved to download the app SpotBright off the Windows store, this downloads the spotlight images onto the PC so you can set the lock screen to slide show mode and use that file. Its also cool because now I can use the windows spotlight images as my desktop wallpaper slideshow as well.

But - even setting the lock screen to slideshow does not work. The lock screen background stays defaulted to the default rock wallpaper, occasionally switching to the cyclist going down the hill above the clouds.

Basically, my lock screen background switcher is broken.

Any help is appreciated, cheers guys !

Maltesespace, May 15, 2020
  3. Windows locking up at start screen. HELP!

It will load to safemode but will lock up, it locks up at the user screen.

pepsi71ocean, May 15, 2020
  4. rockchild Win User

Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task...

Lock Screen Slide Show Broken

The lock screen slideshow time and date still doesn't function as normal even with the major April 2018 update.

Two support members a few months ago had me send them steps and screen shots of the issue and they totally ignored me.

There is some bug with it, and I have to KILL the following task in task manager: "Windows Default Lock Screen" anytime I lock the computer by pressing the Windows key + L. The slideshow will work as normal after I end that task. But when I log back in again,
    work for a few minutes, an hour etc and relock the computer it does't work again. No slideshow, no clock or date, just one photo shows. I have to go into task manager, kill the Windows Default Lock Screen task and then lock the computer again and the slideshow
    works like normal.

If I don't end the task it just stays stuck on a photo without the slideshow working and no time and date on the lock screen.

This is NOT how you handle support Microsoft. Just because you can't f****** recreate the issue on your end doesn't mean the issue isn't happening to me for whatever reason. Nice way to support people on here after I sent multiple PM's to ErwinJames San
    and Devlin Sco with the information they requested.

This is a MICROSOFT bug. This isn't anything I have done on my end. No matter the folder, photos, location of photos or lock screen setting changed it doesn't function as normal. There is something wrong with my lock screen slideshow. I shouldn't have to
    go into task manager and end the "Windows Default Lock Screen" task for it to function as normal. This task LockApp.exe needs to END each time I unlock the computer and it's not doing that on my machine.

Maybe you can actually contact me and help this time.

Thanks,

Adam

rockchild, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task...

1. Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task... - Similar Threads - lock screen slideshow

2. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  3. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  4. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow: When I try to set a folder in my files as my lock screen slideshow, they disappear from the folder stating "no items match your search", as if there are no photos in the folder. However, this same folder is successfully being used as my background slideshow. For example, If I...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 Lock Screen not able to use slideshow feature. I am able to change photo. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-slideshow/121e2b4d-05d9-4cd3-9e5e-089a591c7f33
  8. Lock-Screen Slideshow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock-Screen Slideshow: Hi guys, I recently built a gaming PC and I have a folder of pictures I want to use as a slideshow for my lockscreen. However, when I go into the settings to personalize the lockscreen and select the a folder to use, nothing shows up in the file explorer. File explorer will...
  9. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Suddenly the lock screen slideshow no longer works, it just stays at one picture. I have not made any changes to the folders i have set and there have been no windows updates recently. I tried logging out, I tried restarting but nothing works. What could be causing this 42422
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...